Fancying a Semi, either a Maxus or an A400 Excel

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whilst I am a big browning/miroke fan, I think I would go for the Beretta. Havent shot either but have shot a perennia with the Kick Off system and its great. Coupled with the xplor being an auto it should be softer than an andrex puppy!

I know it's not on your list but have you considered any of the Benelli range?

I use a Supersort for sporting clays and I'm very pleased with it.

Handle both! See which feel's the nicest. I've handled the A400 xplor, thought it was the nicest auto i've ever picked up

shot a maxus a couple of times and its nice . the ease of strip down is a big plus point for me , if i were buying one . get one of the browning guys at a show to run you through it. haven't handled the beretta .

I've had a a400 explor with kick off .. and didn't get on with the kick off at all .. wish i bought the gun without it …was a great gun though , well built , looks and feels great and now even cheaper than when first released …. but try the kick off before u buy one ;)

The maxus I've never tried but people have rated them well…and a lot cheaper .. plenty of S/H bargains about.

I now have the benelli supersport … no comparison … is the best semi auto I've shot without a doubt (and I've had a few :.: )

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks everyone one for your replies. My reason for wanted one is that im a boney old man and getting fed up of going home battered on my shoulder. Its getting to where im flinching when im shooting and I know thats not good.

u do notice the 'fatigue' difference after shooting a lot of heavy carts .. say on pigeons all day long or when wild fowling with 40 or 50g loads … but .. i did find it off putting when shooting clays … don't get me wrong … i love the gun .. just had a drop in form with it and i put most down to the kick off .. i had a shoot of a kids without the kick off and with normal clay loads it was better suited to me … hence why i said try before u buy :wink:

I find the ISIS recoil reducer better .. can have one added to any wooden stocked gun (and synthetic too i believe)

but the benelli supersport has a lot less recoil (IMHO) and can find good S/H bargain at the moment ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Realised how good my danuser is today, shot 100 sporting with my Miroku with danuser then had a blast at starshot with my auto and my auto felt bangy as hell!

Realised how good my danuser is today, shot 100 sporting with my Miroku with danuser then had a blast at starshot with my auto and my auto felt bangy as hell!
Spot on Fuzrat, I appreciate recoil can be a very subjective thing but most semi auto's are not as nice to shoot as a well sorted O/U owing largely to their lower weight.

Yep, 24" barrel hatstand weighing about 3 ounces, nearly 9 pound of miroku trap gun with a recoil reducer no contest. Must admit I had never worried about recoil, but getting the auto out after 6 months in the cabinet really showed how much difference a decent reducer makes! I will never buy another gun without getting a reducer put on it. I can shoot more shells in a day than I can afford and still feel fresh :D

fuzrat which danuser unit have u got ?? the counter coil or the comp coil ?? believe one is hydraulic and one is a spring

Hi all

As per the title really, im fancying an auto and either of the aforementioned. Does anyone have any knowledge or first hand use?

Cheers

Mike

http://www.sportsman...g+Carbon+Fibre/

http://www.sportsman...400+XCEL+Sport/
Several grounds are doing demo days at the moment so I would look out for one of these and try the two for comparison. I don't know if Doveridge is anywhere near you but they are doing one on 7th July.I tried them both at Sporting Targets open day, they both felt good to shoot but just a personal thing I didn't like the feed mechanism on the Browning.

Thanks again. Will look for a demo day. I would consider egtting a recoil reducer fitted but for the price and the fact my gun is quite heavy. I fancy a lighter gun as well.

remington 1100 - softest shooting auto of them all
I can vouch for that, ;) it's also the only semi you can buy as a Trap gun over here :frown: ! I got mine brand new but sold it soon after as it just isn't up to the grade for feed issues compared to the newer models.

Thanks again. Will look for a demo day. I would consider egtting a recoil reducer fitted but for the price and the fact my gun is quite heavy. I fancy a lighter gun as well.
Funky I shoot a semi all the time for everything, I have tried most makes and models and if as you say you are a bony git then the gas operated Berettas are the ones to go for. I would not recommend a Benelli as good as they are as they operate on an inertia bolt system and they DO NOT lessen the recoil simply because they already weigh less than a pair of socks and the energy they produce has nowhere to bleed off but through the stock and into your shoulder. The Beretta gas system is very good, I speak from experience as I have arthiritis in both shoulders take a good look at the AL 391 TEKNYS

Latest posts

Back