favourite track

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This question almost makes my head explode because there are so many permutations as to favourite.

But this track is all about feel, tone and soul. Some people won't get it, but to an aspiring guitarist in this genre this is the ultimate.

P.S. Comfortably Numb (Live Pulse Version) is a bit special too.  Sorry Ips, ignore this one!!  :biggrin:

To be helpful I list a selection that people might choose from:

Songbird Fleetwood Mac

Life on Mars David Bowie

Golden Brown The Stranglers

Paint it Black Rolling Stones

My Immortal Evanescence

Don't worry I've put myself on the naughty chair Ips.

This question almost makes my head explode because there are so many permutations as to favourite.

But this track is all about feel, tone and soul. Some people won't get it, but to an aspiring guitarist in this genre this is the ultimate.

">
P.S. Comfortably Numb (Live Pulse Version) is a bit special too.  Sorry Ips, ignore this one!!  :biggrin:

Ok here we go this will tell us a lot about each other.

your favourite music track of all time, only one remember none of this but my second would be blah blah its a one answer question ok.

mine to start us off

"ice cream for crow""

by the very very brilliant

captain beefheart (don van vliet)

My favourite line in "Rock 'n' Roll"

Beefheart to Zoot Horn Rollo - "Hit me with that lunar note............and let it float"       Pure genius!!  :biggrin:

Songbird Fleetwood Mac

Life on Mars David Bowie

My Immortal Evanescence

The lead  guitarist of Evanescense is married to My nieces syncro swimming coach,  i had a brief introduction  to him in Feb when i was out in Perth

Mart

To take this on a different tangent, what would be your favourite shooting tracks to listen to? Either when shooting or maybe when driving to a shoot to put you in the mood.
I have ear protectors that I can connect to my iPod and frequently listen to music when I shoot. Now I know that many of you think this is downright peculiar, and wouldn't suit most of you, but it suits me as I usually shoot alone and am quite happy in my own little world listening to music as I shoot.
Some of the tracks on my shooting playlist:
Grounds for Divorce - Elbow
Love Spreads - Stone Roses
Woke up This Morning - Alaabama 3 ( opening credits to The Sopranos)
Mountain time/Ball Peen Hammer/just got Paid -Joe Bonamassa
Shoot you Down -Stone Roses
Shoot the Runner - Kasabian
Baba O'Riley -The Who
Gun Love - ZzTop
Stronger -Kayne West

Loads of others. As you can see, there's a theme

To take this on a different tangent, what would be your favourite shooting tracks to listen to? Either when shooting or maybe when driving to a shoot to put you in the mood. I have ear protectors that I can connect to my iPod and frequently listen to music when I shoot. Now I know that many of you think this is downright peculiar, and wouldn't suit most of you, but it suits me as I usually shoot alone and am quite happy in my own little world listening to music as I shoot. Some of the tracks on my shooting playlist: Grounds for Divorce - Elbow Love Spreads - Stone Roses Woke up This Morning - Alaabama 3 ( opening credits to The Sopranos) Mountain time/Ball Peen Hammer/just got Paid -Joe Bonamassa Shoot you Down -Stone Roses Shoot the Runner - Kasabian Baba O'Riley -The Who Gun Love - ZzTop Stronger -Kayne West Loads of others. As you can see, there's a theme
Recently it would be Eminem - survival not everyones taste but it's one of them songs! if i was a boxer it's what i'd enter the ring to!

Oooooh - - - that would just have to be Motorhead

tho I could sub in Sex Pistols or Exploited,  maybe UK Subs and not feel bad about it

To take this on a different tangent, what would be your favourite shooting tracks to listen to? Either when shooting or maybe when driving to a shoot to put you in the mood. I have ear protectors that I can connect to my iPod and frequently listen to music when I shoot. Now I know that many of you think this is downright peculiar, and wouldn't suit most of you, but it suits me as I usually shoot alone and am quite happy in my own little world listening to music as I shoot.Some of the tracks on my shooting playlist:Grounds for Divorce - ElbowLove Spreads - Stone RosesWoke up This Morning - Alaabama 3 ( opening credits to The Sopranos)Mountain time/Ball Peen Hammer/just got Paid -Joe BonamassaShoot you Down -Stone RosesShoot the Runner - KasabianBaba O'Riley -The WhoGun Love - ZzTopStronger -Kayne WestLoads of others. As you can see, there's a theme
Yeah, I sometimes wear my Dr Drey Beats over my plugs, even have a 'Clays' playlist on my iPhone, favourite song to shoot to, White Stripes, Seven Nation Army... Others on play list, Stones, Paint it Black; Nirvana, Teen Spirit, Come as you are; Florance + The Machine, Dog days are over, You got the love; Katy Perry, Firework; My Chemical Romance, Teenagers; QFX, Whiplash; Rythmic State, Sope on a Rope; U2, Beautiful Day; Utah Saints, Something Good; some Kalvin Harris; various 90's Techno/Trance/Rave/Hardcore...

Songbird Fleetwood Mac

Life on Mars David Bowie

My Immortal Evanescence

that's cheating sian, and yes I did notice :)

The trouble with being an old fart, and growing up with parents that played music all the time., is you grew up with all the best music in the world....ever

So I could have picked anything from the Beatles, The Stones, Cream, King Crimson,  (Peter Greens) Fleetwood Mac, Free, Pink Floyd, Bad Company, Deep Purple, Eagles, Led Zeppelin, ACDC, T-Rex, Slade, loved most of the punk stuff, the clash, stiff little fingers, sex pistols, Ian Dury, underdtones, Human League, Simplle Minds, Ultravox, Counting Crows, Kings of Leon Etc Etc Etc

But I didn't, I chose one.  :music:   :music:

I think I might just of got away with that one. :wink:   :wink:

I'm surprised none of the old farts have mentioned Genesis - Peter Gabriel era.  Second best band of all time...

Latest posts

Back