Interested in learning.

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome aboard Blair - happy to have you on the forum - any questions, please let me know...

Welcome :) Interesting website you have there. I am assuming the shot in your shells is coated lead? Not sure of the legality in competition use over here with the coloured versions, but would be interesting as a non-toxic alternative for wildfowl. As you may be aware we have a lead ban on waterfowl this side of the pond and the alternatives at the moment are either hellish expensive (bismuth) or far inferior (Steel)

Have you done any research on if and how your coating breaks down in the ground and wether if it is lead it keeps the same ballistic properties? Could have a very viable alternative to lead to export if the price was right ;) :D ;)

Can I have an iridescent, incandescent, and florescent clay target as well? :mellow:

Black light apparently and you can have coloured shot so you can prove who the duck shot it first. After you've gouged it out of course. But luminous shot is interesting providing you can the duck see.

Fuzz started it - looked at Spectra's website.

It's a bit of an open question being asked. Today I just had a quick 50 sporting at Four Counties, a local sporting shoot. Lovely weather for it so I had to get out of the house

A black light, also referred to as a UV light, ultraviolet light, or Wood's lamp, is a lamp that emits ultraviolet radiation (UV) in the long-wave (near ultraviolet, UVA) range, and little visible light. Other types of ultraviolet lamp emit large amounts of visible light along with the ultraviolet; but a "black light" usually refers to a lamp that has a dark blue optical filtering material in the glass envelope of the bulb (or the lamp housing) which blocks most of the visible light, so the lamp emits mostly ultraviolet. Ultraviolet radiation is invisible, but a small fraction of visible light passes through the filtering material, with wavelengths no longer than 400-410 nm, and as a result, when operating the lamp has a dim purple or violet glow. Wood's glass is one type of filtering material which is used in black lights.

Black light sources may be made from specially designed fluorescent lamps, mercury vapor lamps, light-emitting diodes, or incandescent lamps. In most black lights the blue optical filter material to block visible light is in the glass envelope of the light bulb, but in some types there is a separate filter glass in the lamp housing. In medicine, forensics, and some other scientific fields, such a light source is referred to as a Wood's lamp (named after Robert Williams Wood).

Ultraviolet lights have many uses, but black lights are essential when UV light without visible light is needed, such as in observing fluorescence, the colored glow that many substances emit when exposed to UV. Black lights are employed for decorative and artistic lighting effects, for diagnostic and therapeutic uses in medicine, for the detection of substances tagged with fluorescent dyes, rock-hunting, for the curing of plastic resins and for attracting insects. Strong sources of long-wave ultraviolet light are used in tanning beds. Black light lamps are also used for the detection of counterfeit money. Most artificial ultraviolet sources are low power. Powerful ultraviolet sources present a hazard to eyes and skin; apparatus using these sources requires personal protective equipment.

Bit like a disco really. No no Matt not one of those.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am assuming that as the americans shoot a lot of floodlit skeet in the dark they can do the black light thing. couple of movies on his site that sort of explain it ;) http://www.spectrashot.com/index.html

Certainly pretty, sort of like tracer. I have not seen it here, or night shoots either.

Welcome from another on the west side of the pond.

Might have to get a few boxes for the "pull the trigger 2 seconds after the bird has folded, did you see that cracking shot" brigade :) :)

Latest posts

Back