lesson today

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingyboii

WENT FOR A LESSON TODAY AT LONGRIDGE SHOOTING GROUND TODAY WITH STEVE NUTBEAM TO TRY AND WORK OUT HOW TO SHOOT DRIVEN BIRDS. AND A COUPLE OF OTHERS I WAS STRUGGLING WITH WHEN I GOT THERE I DIDNT MISS ONE UNTIL WE MOVED TO ANOTHER PLACE TO SHOOT THEM THEN I MISSED A COUPLE BUT OH WELL :)

He did say when me and Dad arrived that it was a tough course and my Dad said after that he was,t joking ha ha!,

He had some really big long targest there but he got me hitting them all and not just as a one off,biggest thing was the driven which i,ve been terrible with since i,ve had my new gun, i,d been keeping my gun too high to start and barrel watching,once he got me out of this i was dusting them with ease, also showed me some other little tricks to do when i,m struggling which worked well,think i,m having another lesson in couple weeks so i,m really looking forward to it.

Wasn't it Steve Nutbeam who taught a young Richard Faulds?

Wasn't it Steve Nutbeam who taught a young Richard Faulds?
yes he did teach Richard when he was younger i believe, also Brett Wiinstanley i believe, fair play i went along as an observer and it was none of this your behind it or in front of it,he,d let him work it out for himself and if he was still struggling he,d just tell him about gun start position,even moving the barrels a foot or so back towards the trap etc making all the differance. On one particular stand he was struggling was a r-l very fast quartering rising target from a hidden trap,he was barrel watching again so steve just said kill it soon as you see it and rely on hand to eye co-ordination, the theory being no time to look at the barrels,result was 9 ex 10,was killing them far quicker than i ever could,was a really good lesson and i think we both learnt a lot to be honest.Thinking back i used to shoot driven really well the all of a sudden i lost them completely a few years back,i went to see steve and it took him all of 15 seconds to put me right, so it,s certainly worth seeking out coaching if your struggling with ant particular targets

Last edited by a moderator:
He was going to do grange farm but his sat nav went ding dong and he ended up at garlands :))

Latest posts

Back