Shotgun grant interview

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This kind of nonsense by individual Police Forces is just not acceptable!
it,s not Ian.
but the trouble is a lot of new shooters would not question the firearms department.
like the bloke i mentioned, he went out and spent a very large sum on lessons.

I applied around June 23 I think and had a call this month, could have had interview that week but had commitments, so interviewed last week and was told to expect it to take 10 days, so I'm hoping to hear something soon

Any news as yet, certificate dropped through the door?

Nothing on mine thus far, will be 2 weeks tomorrow since the interview.

You won’t get any updates unless you really try contacting FAO office which they never pick up. It will be a while depending on you constabulary. Mine was 9 moths. Avon and Somerset, I know up north seems to be little quicker upwards or 3 months . But from interview point you’re left in the dark

I'm in Durham, the long wait was to get to the interview. Once that was completed it only took a couple of weeks.
And to be fair, once they get to interview, it's a check up with your referee and then a rubber stamp by the boss man.

8 weeks since my interview, nothing yet. (Avon & Somerset).
I have mine now from Avon and Somerset, 42 weeks all in. Interview was around midpoint of that. Expect it to be 40 weeks.

No, nothing yet. It will be 3 weeks Thursday since my interview. I know someone who was with the same force that they was waiting 2 weeks before their cert came through but they was waiting 2 years before an interview. I've been waiting over a year and now at the 3 week mark so it's anyone's guess

I have emailed the FAL office but no reply. Gwent doesn't have a contact number anymore just an online form

I have mine now from Avon and Somerset, 42 weeks all in. Interview was around midpoint of that. Expect it to be 40 weeks.
I understand a wait for the interview, but I would have thought once you have your interview they would process it as quickly as possible to move on to the next person.

I understand a wait for the interview, but I would have thought once you have your interview they would process it as quickly as possible to move on to the next person.
I initially thought the same, but from what I understand there's an administrative backlog. They review it, gets forwarded on etc.
They also day2day deal with the documents of purchases, lending and selling I imagine.
So in short it would see there isn't enough staff to improve the backlog only just stop it getting bigger. This is just the norm now, one thinks.

I initially thought the same, but from what I understand there's an administrative backlog. They review it, gets forwarded on etc.
They also day2day deal with the documents of purchases, lending and selling I imagine.
So in short it would see there isn't enough staff to improve the backlog only just stop it getting bigger. This is just the norm now, one thinks.
Yea the FEO said they were short staffed and there's a backlog so I understand why it might take some time. I've just never looked forward to seeing the postman so much. Normally all he brings is bills 😂

Well then, 389 days, or 1 year 23 days after applying and the certificate dropped through the door this morning! Looking like it had been run over by a truck/caught in a conveyor belt, but still, through the door.

Has possibly the worst photo I've ever seen of myself... Somehow shrinking it down managed to make a bad selfie worse!

Well then, 389 days, or 1 year 23 days after applying and the certificate dropped through the door this morning! Looking like it had been run over by a truck/caught in a conveyor belt, but still, through the door.

Has possibly the worst photo I've ever seen of myself... Somehow shrinking it down managed to make a bad selfie worse!
And now the fun begins, decisions decisions??

Latest posts

Back