Sporting shoots. Where - and how did it go?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I rarely shoot practice but did the EJC weds eve STR just now. Bit of a warm up for owls Lodge STR reg on Saturday. Very good. Two close tricky layouts and one very good one with longer targets (near the Grouse area). Lovely evening, very enjoyable. 

A cool morning at the Hants STR champs at Owls Lodge. A good layout, nothing too hideous. I think it will be won a big score, some great names shooting. Enough daft misses for me to make it mediocre, but enjoyed it. I did a 24 on layout 2 which was firm, so happy with that. 

Pleasant morning at Pilford, quite a few there. Again I'm afflicted with lack of concentration and the occasional snatched shot, but the biggest challenge for me today was the four inch rabbit in the six inch grass!

I'm sure the rabbits will have rolled it flat by the time Schmokinn does his round..

Last edited by a moderator:
 Well had some good news managed to pick up a little sponsership for victorys cartridges ,waiting for my skeet vest being made as i write this , over them moon is a understatement , first Shoot out using victory challengers managed to get a class win on a 84/100 at the sportrap at orston east midlands championship .Then friday was at the english open really enjoyed the course (was tricky though ) but dident exspect it to be easy (my first ever major ) ran smoothly dropped on a good sqaud to shoot with ,shot a 88/120 which i was a bit disappointed with my fault though total misread on stand 7 i think it was with the chondel and far battue hitting 1/8 (what a numpty ) would have been happy to come away with a 94,95 but as i say reaaly enjoyed it and a learning curve so a good couple of weeks for me .

76/100 at Throkmorton. Really starting to feel that I'm finding my feet now. Started off with 29/30 and got a bit cocky. had a few disastrous stands that i know I could have done better on. Was still a bit hung over from Saturday night so was super pleased with my score.

Pleasant morning at Pilford, quite a few there. Again I'm afflicted with lack of concentration and the occasional snatched shot, but the biggest challenge for me today was the four inch rabbit in the six inch grass!

I'm sure the rabbits will have rolled it flat by the time Schmokinn does his round..
The rabbits were mostly the jumping kind by the time i git there,caught the sun to much still feeling it now!

Reactions: bob
Black cloud, rain persisting down. Perhaps that's no STR practice for me at EJC later today then.. at least this weekend is a diary full of shoots. Valley View England selection ESP will be a real test on Saturday (or Sunday). Sorry, just keen to get out there..

Black cloud, rain persisting down. Perhaps that's no STR practice for me at EJC later today then.. at least this weekend is a diary full of shoots. Valley View England selection ESP will be a real test on Saturday (or Sunday). Sorry, just keen to get out there..
I'm not going, practice yes.

In the peeing rain no. 

The last couple outings have felt like a step back in my progress so I'm looking forward to attacking this weekends shooting.

Longridge 01/05 = 81%

Ian Coley 03/05 = 70%

AGL Masters 06/05 = 71.6%

Weston Wood 07/05 = 71%

English Open 14/05 = 65% ?

Unless these were harder shoots than I'm used to I've been doing something wrong. 

I did finish up the English Open with a migraine so there may be some understanding in that score but the others are inexcusable really. 

The last couple outings have felt like a step back in my progress so I'm looking forward to attacking this weekends shooting.

Longridge 01/05 = 81%

Ian Coley 03/05 = 70%

Weston Wood 07/05 = 71%

Unless these were harder shoots than I'm used to I've been doing something wrong. 

I did finish up the English Open with a migraine so there may be some understanding in that score but the others are inexcusable really. 
Feels like the harder i try recently the less i achieve....putting my plan for Sporting domination back to next tear  :D

Longridge 01/05 = 81%

Ian Coley 03/05 = 70%

Weston Wood 07/05 = 71%

One of the biggest gains with experience is greater consistency. You'll come back whizzing soon.

Valley View England selection shoot today. Phew! No stand was too tough to shoot, but only stand 1 was remotely simple. The rest were firm to tough. Carl Bloxham did 83 and reckoned he might not be able to repeat it. 

I thought it was very enjoyable, but 78 did nothing for my average and I think if two stands had been backed off a bit, scores would have been a touch kinder without the shoot losing its worth at all. A few coloured clays against grey sky could have been black too. On one stand, a pair of sim looping midis at 60+ yards, the ref scored me a loss when I had knocked the front off the clay. Too far away for an old gent to see well I think! Of course I then missed two more after the distraction of questioning him..

90 leading when I left. Some genius will do a 95 probably, but generally there were some casualties. I recommend it, if you aren't precious about your score..

Valley View England selection shoot today. Phew! No stand was too tough to shoot, but only stand 1 was remotely simple. The rest were firm to tough. Our new EO champion managed a 74! Carl Bloxham did 83 and reckoned he might not be able to repeat it. 

I thought it was very enjoyable, but 78 did nothing for my average and I think if two stands had been backed off a bit, scores would have been a touch kinder without the shoot losing its worth at all. A few coloured clays against grey sky could have been black too. On one stand, a pair of sim looping midis at 60+ yards, the ref scored me a loss when I had knocked the front off the clay. Too far away for an old gent to see well I think! Of course I then missed two more after the distraction of questioning him..

90 leading when I left. Some genius will do a 95 probably, but generally there were some casualties. I recommend it, if you aren't precious about your score..
Sounds like it was on the wrong side of sensibly testing, the trouble is we all bash easy targets and a few tend to overly sing the praises of tough targets so every now and then someone ends up overcooking things. I like medium hard targets but not relentlessly on every stand, some will no doubt be along on social media soon enough saying it was the best shoot they have ever been to  :D :p .

Valley View England selection shoot today. Phew! No stand was too tough to shoot, but only stand 1 was remotely simple. The rest were firm to tough. Our new EO champion managed a 74! Carl Bloxham did 83 and reckoned he might not be able to repeat it. 

Paul Simpson ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back