Syren ladies gun for test?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got in after Waitrose on the way home....now feeding hubby and animals......so will post a report later......but.....

Suffice to say.......I was very impressed.....!!

Just eating my tea, bit of housework then some ironing and only then will I let you know what I thought....

Ps I can only afford Sainsburys....

Just got in after Waitrose on the way home....now feeding hubby and animals......so will post a report later......but.....

Suffice to say.......I was very impressed.....!!
Shopping...actually feeding husband...... oh that's where I went wrong all those years ago!!!

Looking forward to the reports though!

What the flaming eck are the girls doing, report we want a report, never mind the bubble bath do the flaming report.

I dont think they actually went fellas, its a wind up in fact there is prob no such gun.

Think the reporters are making the rest of us (who had to work today) wait! They are maximising the suspense before they spill the beans.

Ok....fed and watered now.

My take on this is that lots of women picking it up will like it straightaway because the stock is shorter. (I do not do over technical report....I only think of how it feels).

The alterations are only on the stock. The barrels are standard.

We were shooting with 1/4...1/4 chokes in it. It obviously has a great pattern because it minced the targets (mind you I was shooting 7.5 Golden Trap so they give you great kills anyway).

I also whizzed it off to shoot the UT as well when others were having a rest and it gave some good distance 2nd barrel kills (I was quite surprised considering it was 1/4 1/4).

Everyone looks for different things in gun fit.

So here are my comments ....and bear in mind I like the gun.

1) when first shouldering the gun in the clubhouse i noticed that it was a little low...the stock was not high enough for what I prefer. I could see the action. That said ...when i shot it you could accommodate for that during the test. (I rarely have my head on the stock properly anyway shooting sporting).

2) the best thing about the grip for me was not that it was smaller...but that the radius was a tighter curve....this meant that the hand was comfortably in the same position on each mount (no sliding about like on a wider radius grip) this made the mount more accurate each time.

3) the little bit of cast was comfortable and (for me) ensured that the gun came up properly each time. You were straight down the centre if you closed your eyes when mounting. No looking down the side of the barrels....always very square. (The hand radius also helped this).

4) the trigger pulls were not as quick as my Perazzi...but that said....if you are not used to instant pulls you would not notice it. And if you were.....you very quickly got used to it. (When I went back to my P gun afterwards I nearly dropped it down the range because I had got used to the slower pulls by then.....and that was an interesting result...took a few shots to get back into the normal).

5) for me....the pitch was a little too sharp (even though I have a large chest) but again that is only a comparison to what I normally shoot. Most women would pick this up and shoot it well. But it was obvious for me on the first teal where i was too casual..the toes was not tight touching as usual with my gun and i felt it slip. After that I accommodated for that and it was fine. But I think it is better to be able to lob pitch off should you need to....rather than have to look at ways to put a little back on. Again...here I am just saying what I would prefer. Most entry women would not notice it.

6) it patterns extremely well as i said above the 1/4 1/4 gave clean kills like 3/4 or full...I was again surprised...... You put it in the right place and it minces them.

We shot all types of targets and it coped nicely.

I suggested that they put an adjustable comb on it ....which you can have for an extra £200 I think. If it was me....I would have the adjustable comb as a standard.

All in all (and forgetting how pinicy i am) I was very impressed by this gun and I do not do impressed. I would love to try the adjustable comb version when Don gets it. (Might even buy one...I bet it would be a lethal game gun. But don't tell hubby I said that...!!)

Nice looking gun (but for me...they can sack the extra costs involved in putting carved roses and other niceties as far as I am concerned i would prefer if they put that money into an adjustable comb).

I think the gun will fly out of the shops.....a very pointable piece of kit......so well done C&G.

(But what do I know....I am only a trappie).

This is really interesting - are you saying that this gun fits women better for the points you raised then, straight off the shelf?  Would it still require fitting to individual shapes - as any other gun would - I assume so?  And after all that, what makes this gun a better gun for women over a well fitted other one - or is it more for the market of a new lady shooter getting a feel for one that fits more easily? 

I've been one of the cynics on this gun designed specifically for women, so i'm really disappointed I couldn't make it today. 

Excellent report though!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can only explain how it feels to shoot.....and if it had an adjustable comb I would probably buy one and give it a longer test :wink:

From speaking to them at the Shooting Show, and from the great write up (thanks!) - it's all in the woodwork.

So you could basically do the same to any gun, but it's not a simple stock chop - the pitch is different the shape of the grip etc is changed.

Not revolutionary, but I don't think that's the point

Nothing is revolutionary in gun fit....it is just the simplest of things that make the difference.

Hand being an essential part of the mix (which is why I have an Evocomp :wink: )

So my two pennies worth....in no particular order of importance....

Appearance, nice enough looking gun, the rose carved in the wood not particularly to my liking but I am not one for fussy things, others would probably love it, one thing it might do is deter and potential male purchasers. Also I wasn't a big fan of the side plates either, I think CG make some of the most attractive guns around but for me these were a bit shy of others I have seen.

Initial impressions dry mounting...as Nic said came up straight every time, no head rolling required which was a real issue for me when I first started...but....Wow for me it was as low as most of the other 'male' guns I have tried...I was really surprised, this was the one thing I thought would have been a big difference

Stock....adjustable stock not standard...really this is the one thing I would change, think that should be standard, especially with the picture being so low, I couldn't even see the bead let alone any rib.

Grip...much smaller and felt comfortable but that was one of the things I have never really thought about before, my MK38 is much chunkier but I am used to it, not sure if there is a familiarity thing going on here or not

Fore end...again much slimmer compared to my gun...similar commentary to the grip

Weight and balance...felt comfortable, can't really say much more than that, other than I have picked some guns up and thought they were barrel heavy or stock heavy and neither of those thoughts crossed my mind

Stock length...felt a bit short but again I think in comparison to what I am used to

Shooting it....very comfortable, hit most stuff with it, most impressive thing was the breaks, very similar to my full and three quarter even with quarter and quarter in. Cartridges made no difference, from 28g F Blacks to 21g fibre Cheddites. So it definitely worked! I lifted my head to get the 'right picture' but not a massive amount and you could say almost just the difference between a heavy mount and a soft mount of cheek to stock.

Enjoyment...did I enjoy shooting it...absolutely...hit most stuff with lots of people watching...phew....and great breaks too

Would I like the opportunity to use one more and see how I got on...absolutely....

As a beginner would it have been better for me,...not really stock still too low but the adjustable one might have been better and a viable alternative to the SIlver pigeon that I bought price wise

Best lunch hour I have had for some time, thanks Don for asking, thanks Mike for bringing and thanks OLSS too.

I think that is everything...did anyone have any questions they wanted us to try and answer?

Word just in.....it will be fitted with a rubber adjustable.

Good move C&G...!

:wink:

Recoil....forgot to mention....absolutely NONE when I was shooting it but by the time I got back to work bit of an ache in my shoulder...but I like that anyway...

Ps what on earth is a rubber adjustable...sounds more like a sex toy....am guessing comb...Good call...would have love to have shot it set up 'properly' for me

Latest posts

Back