tablets

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ips

Thinking of getting a 3g tablet as no broad band at home and mobile screen is a bit small for my old eyes Any advice on make model and network / tarrif also are they good or would i be as well just getting a bigger mobile such as galaxy s3

I have got Kindle Fire...does the trick for me...and pretty cheap...can't do too much other than read, surf and play games, do emails...

The other thing to consider is one of those wifi dongles. Small device that receives Internet and send it out as wifi for use on any device in the house. Can also be taken to anywhere else of course. Monthly rental. Then you don't need a 3G tablet.

The costs and your own needs should be weighed up, but its another angle. (Had one at home before we to broadband).

Another thought; can your phone act as a wifi hub? Most can now. That means you can buy a non 3G tablet and just use the 3G from our phone (if you have enough data etc). I live on my iPad btw..

Last edited by a moderator:
Flipping eck that was quick reply jay.

Is yours 3g ?

Is it fast enough ?

will it play streaming vid ?

Will 1gig thing per month be enough for mainly forum use and occasional vid such as issf ot finals ?

Another thought; can your phone act as a wifi hub? Most can now. That means you can buy a non 3G tablet and just use the 3G from our phone (if you have enough data etc).
thought about that clever but mobile will only do it by usb and i believe t mobile don't allow tethering ?

thought about that clever but mobile will only do it by usb and i believe t mobile don't allow tethering ?
Might be time to upgrade phone AND buy a tablet then. iPad and iPhone for me, but I am just following the herd.. :)

Should have read more carefully...peaked too soon...No works off WiFi...sorry...

I have got no complaints and our broadband is very weak here on the South Island...very good for watching 'videos'  :gamer:

The other thing to consider is one of those wifi dongles. Small device that receives Internet and send it out as wifi for use on any device in the house. Can also be taken to anywhere else of course. Monthly rental. Then you don't need a 3G tablet.

The costs and your own needs should be weighed up, but its another angle. (Had one at home before we to broadband).
thought of that to will Mrs ips has dongle for her netbook used to borrow it but my laptop is now dead .

Might be time to upgrade phone AND buy a tablet then. iPad and iPhone for me, but I am just following the herd.. :)
yes but i have a very very good sim only deal with t mobile business and will not be beaten so don't really want to change tarrif so option is buy new phone like s3 for 284 or tablet for 219 ish and seen 1g sim for 7.50 per month rolling contract

My wife has a Samsung tablet wotsit, she reckons it's fantastic. How come you have no broadband Ian?

Les

we don't even have a phone line mate or sewage or gas. Were bloody poor mate.

Ian with your endless pit of cash go any buy the latest ipad, which I believe is 4G so should be fast

Sounds chuffing expensive Matt.

What about this mifi hub thing conn got one of those. Can connect 5 things to it can get 10gb per month for 15 buy wifi tablet for less than 100 ?

Ooh seems my phone will do wireless mobile tethering thing but does t mobile allow tethering ?

Ooh seems my phone will do wireless mobile tethering thing but does t mobile allow tethering ?
I don't think the service provider knows or cares about tethering. Just what data is used. Crack on, test it on another phone to receive it.

Seems to be a very complex thing this tethering t mobile site says you can't on my plan but as you say how can they know ?

The provider can tell if you are tethering via a number of methods, including the browser id that is sent, the operating system and the surge in the data that you will use. Whether or not they do anything about it is a different matter. I would say that with the amount of posts you do on this forum alone 1GB is unlikely to be enough anyway.

Tablet wise - you cannot really go wrong with an iPad. Personally I would look at an iPad with an unlimited data plan from Three.

Latest posts

Back