Who's where this Sunday?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I should be easy to spot got my 15 year old in tow,he,s also shooting
ha ha..ok well i may be easy to spot too as the wife thinking of coming as i shooting on a saturday !!!! look out for the shortest two people there that will be us !! :D

Ian- both kegworth and Kibworth are on Sunday.... One of them would be a good bet!

Last edited by a moderator:
Scottish all round champs at Morton.......if I'm not working!!!

Did you go? What did you think?
I did! What a lovely part of the world - beautiful place to shoot. Definitely one to go back to.

Shoot-wise, the sporting was a bit on the tough side for an A/R shoot, but doable so not the end of the world! I was a bit bemused by the prizes though. With a £40 entry fee, I thought I would get at least something for 3rd! .

How did you get on??

The sporting was on the tough side, they said they wanted to make it as hard as possible, 3 simo pairs, then after the first person shot the second stand (high crossing mini and quartering louper) they decided to make it on report, mad him shoot it again. Skeet had the pool shoot targets overlapping, if the pool was being shot at thr same time as you were djooting skeet it was like shooting a skeet flush with 3 high birds in the air, the score sheets were poor, the refs marked them in the wrong place (we were 1st to shoot every layout, the refs hadn't seen the score sheets before starting) DTL had problems, breakdowns and over sensitive mic's (did they fix that later ?) .........no third prize was poor!!! Who won?

I was there before 10am hopeing to get round quickly and back to work, they were still messing about trying to get the skeet targets to go through the hoop at 10.30, was first to shoot the sporting at 11.10, (they were still setting up the pool) squad of three and took us until 12 to finish......poorly organised.

Did you shoot the pool shoot? The guy who set it up said he had tried to make it as hard as possible, the guy infront of me (AAA top shot) had a look at the 4 simo pairs and said "there's no fun in shooting that, put his money back in his pocket, turned round and walked away shaking his head. Did anyone straight it?

I didn't actually count up my score, handed it in, bought a can of coke and a mars bar, then left .

The sporting was on the tough side, they said they wanted to make it as hard as possible, 3 simo pairs, then after the first person shot the second stand (high crossing mini and quartering louper) they decided to make it on report, mad him shoot it again. Skeet had the pool shoot targets overlapping, if the pool was being shot at thr same time as you were djooting skeet it was like shooting a skeet flush with 3 high birds in the air, the score sheets were poor, the refs marked them in the wrong place (we were 1st to shoot every layout, the refs hadn't seen the score sheets before starting) DTL had problems, breakdowns and over sensitive mic's (did they fix that later ?) .........no third prize was poor!!! Who won?

I was there before 10am hopeing to get round quickly and back to work, they were still messing about trying to get the skeet targets to go through the hoop at 10.30, was first to shoot the sporting at 11.10, (they were still setting up the pool) squad of three and took us until 12 to finish......poorly organised.

Did you shoot the pool shoot? The guy who set it up said he had tried to make it as hard as possible, the guy infront of me (AAA top shot) had a look at the 4 simo pairs and said "there's no fun in shooting that, put his money back in his pocket, turned round and walked away shaking his head. Did anyone straight it?

I didn't actually count up my score, handed it in, bought a can of coke and a mars bar, then left .
The skeet was spot on when we shot it. Few bits about, but nothing you wouldn't see on a practice round or A/R shoot elsewhere. Bit of a holdup for the lads in front of us on DTL, which slowed it down for us, but we got through it ok once we were on.

Colin Will won the shoot with 92. He did a 23 on the sporting, which was top shooting. I heard that he straighted the pool as well!? Willie Gordon was second with 91.5.

Colin was probably the only person there capable of straightening the pool!!! Gary Meikle stated that he would give anyone who straightened the pool £100 himself........

23 on the sporting was superb, Willie Gordon had 18 on the sporting, 25 ABT, 25Skeet.......

Willie Gordon 18? Jesus! I managed a 20. Dropped a long one on the first stand then 4 on the last. 23 was great going.

Love to but that is seriously North. Can't see that from Watford, even if you stand on a box with a telescope.

Staying local this weekend,ain,t got to cross the border into England for a change :p St Dials shooting ground near monmouth is holding a 100 bird Reg sporting and 50 bird reg sportrap,so if anyone fancies a change come on down to sunny Wales!!

Salmon fishing on Friday, so no shooting this weekend!!! North Esk
How is the salmon fishing these days up your way,few of my mates been going up there for over 25 years but last years they came back early and fishless for first time ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back