Who's where this Sunday?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Scottish sporting championships this Sunday at Dell Glenlivit, 316 mile, 6 hour round trip......hope to hell I shoot well!!!

Won't manage that one,as fishing Loch Leven this Saturday, really need more practise to drum the habit of me looking at the bead away for good, Maybe will go to N.A.S.G and shoot 100 of the high bird 7 from the compact sporting and some of the low house skeet.

Chiefy

Go to N.A.S.G wednesday night and practice, fish Leven Saturday and go shoot the Scottish champs at the Dell!!! You are not going to improve shooting the same place every weekend, get out of your comfort zone and test yourself.........

Last edited by a moderator:
Won't manage that one,as fishing Loch Leven this Saturday, really need more practise to drum the habit of me looking at the bead away for good, Maybe will go to N.A.S.G and shoot 100 of the high bird 7 from the compact sporting and some of the low house skeet.

Chiefy
Never fished leven but i,ve shot geese there many times, all wild browns in the lock i pressume???

Yes, they did experiment with rainbows for a few years, but back to browns (some small fish released, bred from fish caught in the Loch) and half the number of boats!!!

p.s. "lock" is part of a canal..... :p :p :p

The rainbows worked well there and the fishery really took off as a result, building a cracking big club house, big old boats second to none,ex lifeboats some say. Then came the bad times, the fish ended up with a disease that made them blind, the fish had it for several years before they found out or came clean, result everyone deserted the place, now thhey are trying again, smaller boats and releasing fry like the old days, what the Loch is famous for. Next sat I am at Menteith, trying to win back a trophy I won last year, I have already lost the June cup there this year(by 3oz), it still sits on my dresser for a little while longer till I need to give it back.

Anyhow back to shooting,,,,, once I am rid of my habit of bead watching,oh and pulling the gun in tight (which was from when the comb was too low and cheeking me)which makes me shoot two feet high, I will venture further afield. Oh and I am struggling to find time to get back round mooching round the farm, which is down Loch Lomond way where I am from.

NASG does sound tempting on a wed night though, went last year on a wed night to shoot trap at Houston, the numbers were not viable though to keep it going again.

Chiefy

Busy weekend ahead, Barrow Heath on Saturday Grange Farm Sunday then kegworth Normanton and Orston on Monday and prob a day off on Tuesday

Shot on lock leven for 10 years great memories,Roys foly ,St serfs? castle irland ect.What a great place to be?loved every minute.Glen never got to come.What a place, you can't beleve it's got a 100 acr island on it, and all the shore line.Great memories.

Well done that man, I will be back there again on Sunday. I will be trying the one eye squint for a change, though it will need a few rounds to see if I do better that way, I have shot a 45x50 with the spot on the left lens though. Bit of a night out on saturday so will try to be good, or trying a few options will be a waste of time.

chiefy
Have you tried blocking the view of your muzzels from your off eye with the thumb on the hand that grips the fore end, you will only have to adjust it a little from your usual grip if any and can then shoot with both eyes open

Home international in Wales on Saturday then Something Sunday based on how rough I feel.....

Westfield ESP reg is on, which is a favourite. However, it is hard to drive past Hornet reg which is 40% as far. Hmm..

Nope never tried that Mark, I have always shot with both eyes open and the little bit of tape does not cover much of the field of view. So far thats three weeks without me looking at the bead then back at the clay. Way more natural and the way I always shot until the habit snuk up on me.

Chiefy

North Ayrshire Sunday, 50 sporting and 100 DTL for the first time..........Hope I don't grow extra toes after shooting trap!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back