Why?

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Les53

I am in the process of looking around for a new gun for next year and I am keeping an open mind! I am soon going to be trying out a K80, I shot one a couple of times a long while ago, our county O/T champion uses one, he is also a K80 dealer as it happens. I am very curious about those guns, but WHY on earth do they cost SO much money? I mean some of them make some Perazzi's look cheap. In fact I could probably buy three or four Mirokus for the same money, anyone know why they cost so much? I would welcome any feedback on the guns too, they are one of the few guns that I have never owned.

So what do you guys think?( I hope I'm not opening a can of worms here!!)

Firstly, they are built to very exacting tolerances. Secondly, there are people who will pay the money for them. But if they do not suit you, you may just as well have a drainpipe.

Stick to your Miroku, you know it makes sense!!!

Go to the factory and see how they are made/put together. You will be amazed at how they can sell them for what they do.

Take into account the dealers mark up and the service you get from Krieghoff UK ad you will see where it all goes.

Firstly, they are built to very exacting tolerances. Secondly, there are people who will pay the money for them. But if they do not suit you, you may just as well have a drainpipe.

Stick to your Miroku, you know it makes sense!!!
I will not be getting rid of the miroku !

Go to the factory and see how they are made/put together. You will be amazed at how they can sell them for what they do.

Take into account the dealers mark up and the service you get from Krieghoff UK ad you will see where it all goes.
Ok Ed I respect your views mate! I just don't know if I could come to terms with spending that much but maybe handling and shooting one will convince me! I have done it all before wih perazzi's to no avail so I am now rather sceptical I'm afraid!!

I think if you have shot one gun happily for a long time, ANYTHING else feels weird and indeed 'wrong'. This lark is largely about familiarity with the gun; knowing (subconsciously) where it will shoot / what makes a kill, with a combination of your movement input and visual picture.

A really good gun is one that you have put 10,000+ cartridges through.. IMO..

Last edited by a moderator:
They are very different guns, and need to be treated as such.

I don't shoot trap so can't comment on that, however people don't usually give any gun enough time to really learn to shoot it, and get rid relatively soon as it doesn't instantly work out.

Coming to one from a perazzi is like chalk and cheese and will take a lot of tweaking technique wise to get the most out of it. If you try and carry on shooting te same as you shot your previous gun, you will generally not be over the moon with the results.

Put I the work early though, and you will never want another gun. I've shot mine for about 10 years of so now and won't change for the rest of my career.

I think if you have shot one gun happily for a long time, ANYTHING else feels weird and indeed 'wrong'. This lark is largely about familiarity with the gun; knowing (subconsciously) where it will shoot / what makes a kill, with a combination of your movement input and visual picture.

A really good gun is one that you have put 10,000+ cartridges through.. IMO..
Quite right my old 3800 has had about 180,000 shells through it! It has never failed me or my son in the past 21 years! I got it brand new in 1991 and both my son and I have shot well with it.

I don't shoot trap so can't comment on that, however people don't usually give any gun enough time to really learn to shoot it, and get rid relatively soon as it doesn't instantly work out.

Coming to one from a perazzi is like chalk and cheese and will take a lot of tweaking technique wise to get the most out of it. If you try and carry on shooting te same as you shot your previous gun, you will generally not be over the moon with the results.

Put I the work early though, and you will never want another gun. I've shot mine for about 10 years of so now and won't change for the rest of my career.
Cheers Ed I shall bear your comments in mind. From my point of view it will be up against the miroku! Its a tough act to follow and my perazzis could not get close even though I loved the things!

Firstly they are vastly overpriced and certainly not worth the money.

That being said, Ed is correct, remember he had one from a very early age and learned to shoot it.

Yes they are German engineered but so was the Messerschmidt but it was seen off by Spitfires made by English women.

So we can argue and be silly until the cows come home.

Frankly, if you have the money and you want one, buy it.

But you must get rid of the Miroku, otherwise you will forever be fetching the Mirook out for a confidence boost.

I have had three 'K's and never got on with them, had a couple of 'P's and they are expensive also when compared with a 682 or MK38 or 3800 will you shoot better with it??? Doubtful! You may think it will give you an extra target or two in which case it will be worth every penny. But ask yourself is it really £8000 better value than an MK38?

If you feel the answer is yes, go for it and good luck.

Still waiting to find a nice s/h l/h K80 for myself, just to try and put a ghost to bed.

I'll be selling mine with standard wood next year- going to treat myself to a special one :)

I'll let you know and you can by mine! Choice of 2nd hand stock profiles..... Job done!

When you say they take a lot of tweaking technique wish what exactly are the main differences say between them and a perazzi/kemen.

You say if you shoot the kreighoff the same as your current gun most willl be disappointed what way do you suggest shooting them?

Its just Im looking for a new gun to shoot trap and Im keeping all my options open

Thanks in advance john

Its like comparing driving in a nail with a small hammer or a sledge hammer.....both get the job done with varying degree of finesse. Its common knowledge that k-80's dont suit me but having said that I picked up a Parcours the other day and it felt lovely.....though considering where the stock profile came from you may want to stay with what you have..... I have been to the krieghoff factory and yes they are built extremely well with quality considered at EVERY stage but it is a lot of money and for most its more than they can afford though i do understand why they have such a strong following. If you want a stable gun platform that will last forever and ever then the k 80 is a good bet though to be honest Miroku's arent known for falling apart in 5 minutes either.

I was in Malmo's the other week, a customer was having a problem with his Krieghoff. I was posted Monday evening to Rhone's and was back by Wednesday. Where else to you recieve service like that?

I've no idea who it went with. But Rhone does give excellent service, they even repair guns while you wait.

Whenever I need to send mine off it has never returned any later than Thursday (sent Monday). Erwin has even given it a full service at a shoot while I waited. A brilliant team they have, and they know how to treat their customer base. By far the most professional company in the shooting industry.

I've no idea who it went with. But Rhone does give excellent service, they even repair guns while you wait.
GMK also repair guns while you wait.........and wait, and wait, and wait.........

Latest posts

Back