Browning shotguns

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Browning only own 5% of miroku an miroku only ship there guns to 3 country's uk Austlria for the life of me I can't remember the other one......an of course Japan. Not really much to do with browning as such but interesting either way :)

Why did I think Browning was a British gun? and is a Miroku ,in affect, just a Browning under another name then ?
I Think it's the other way round with the Japanese made Brownings. There have been other offshoots like the B26, can't think for the life of me where that was made. I believe there was a B27 also. Then there was the medalist which was made in Italy and the B125 which was assembled and finished in Liege from parts supplied from Japan .

Miroku also made a 3500 (I think that was what it was called) with a sliding lock similar to the Krieghoff.

F.N. Browning have also made a lot of military weapons over the years ranging from 9MM semi automatic pistols, the 7.62mm SLR as used by the British army prior to the introduction of the SA80 and of course the Browning .50" calibre heavy machine gun which I believe was introduced during WW2 and used in some of the later Spitfires where it replaced the .303" as it was more versatile with the capability of firing a greater range of ammunition such as canon and incendiary rounds. This calibre is still in military use both as a heavy machine gun and in various guises of snipers rifle.(F.N. for those that don't already know stands for Fabrique Nationale.)

I am sure that there are other Browning arms that I haven't mentioned such as their sporting rifles and even air weapons. 

You know everybody will have a different preference for a shotgun and when I was getting my trap gun I at first thought of another Beretta or a really nice second hand  Krieghoff I saw but I must say I am glad I have ended up with the Browning. It fits me really well and shoots like a dream almost without any felt recoil, although It must be there somewhere. I personally could not give a toss if it was made in Samoa or Malawi it is a nice gun and so far I am delighted to own it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh bike talk.

First bike was triumph tiger cub engine cunningly installed into a villiers frame with various Honda doner parts and a very complex copper pipe exhaust which spat flames. Built by me my big bro and my dad (rip) in a couple of weekends when i was 15. Them rush rods were a bitch to fit :)

Ooh nostalgia dont you just love it :)

Ooh bike talk.

First bike was triumph tiger cub engine cunningly installed into a villiers frame with various Honda doner parts and a very complex copper pipe exhaust which spat flames. Built by me my big bro and my dad (rip) in a couple of weekends when i was 15. Them rush rods were a bitch to fit :)

Ooh nostalgia dont you just love it :)
Always late to the party, they're back on guns now :hunter:

I love the reminiscences of Bikes gone by remember the tiger cub my first bike ,  
You're showing your age now. What about the smell of Castrol R ?? Lovely!! Can anyone remember the days when they held sprints on the undercliff at Ramsgate? I think they also held them at Brighton. Alf Hagen was one of the top men then.  Those were the days!!!

Not a Japanese bike to be seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost shooting related. 

I remember watching the likes of Jeff Smith and co racing AJS, Matchless and BSAs at Hawkstone Park in the early 60s. Mostly in B&W on the TV, but did get the chance to go a couple of times in the 70s, that hill was amazing.

I believe some of the track used to cover what is now the West Midlands Shooting Ground.

As kids, we would put Castrol  R in everything, just because the smell was  ( and still is) the best ever.

Just realised this is a Browning thread.

Currently sharing a 525 sporter 30" with Mrs H

She absolutely loves it, so its me who has to go out and get another gun. I also like the 525 a lot, but the 725 is also in the mix.

Anyone had any experiences, good or bad?

Gene,

Hawkstone Park motocross course has never run on West Midlands Shooting Ground land, but they are adjacent and when you walk up the West side of the ground the track is literally feet away separated only by a single strand of barbed wire.

I think you would be better off buying a 525 or 625 in preference to a 725 in my opinion if only for a better quality of wood usually. 

Gene,

Hawkstone Park motocross course has never run on West Midlands Shooting Ground land, but they are adjacent and when you walk up the West side of the ground the track is literally feet away separated only by a single strand of barbed wire.

I think you would be better off buying a 525 or 625 in preference to a 725 in my opinion if only for a better quality of wood usually. 
Snippet from the Hawkstone Park website - The track was longer then. At a mile and a half, it included land beyond the sandpit which is now the West Midlands Shooting Ground -

This was however 1954 - long before my time

Castrol R is still available. Might have to get some and stick it in the Transit

She absolutely loves it, so its me who has to go out and get another gun. I also like the 525 a lot, but the 725 is also in the mix.

525s are very popular with the ladies IME. Most common 12 bore I've seen apart from the Silver Pigeon. I love my 425. 

Has anyone any experience of the Browning medallist? They are much cheaper than the 25 series. 

Has anyone any experience of the Browning medallist? They are much cheaper than the 25 series. 
When I was looking for my 525 I was well and truly warned off the Medalist, was told to stick to the x25 guns.

525s are very popular with the ladies IME. Most common 12 bore I've seen apart from the Silver Pigeon. I love my 425. 

Medalists as far as I know were made by fias in Italy,they are not much good and quite nasty to shoot too!

My wife loves OUR 525 so much, its me that's having to go out a get a new gun.

Have a look at the Ultra XS. They are brilliant value for money, very versatile and shoot extremely well. Don't worry about this being a Browning thread, I won't remove anything unless it's offensive.

Gene,

I looked at a 725 today purely out of curiosity and the wood was awful, the stock and forend just didn't match.

Latest posts

Back