Dubai Tournament

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shame about no TV, it looks like it had a lot of interest not just in the UK.  
The interest was all over the World Rhorn and i think in the next few days we will see all the footage taken released on to the Nad Al Sheba site and possibly u-tube. They have already started tweeting some short videos. I have never ever seen a high stand so high in all my shooting life....not for shooters with vertigo that is for sure. The target must have been miles under their feet. :wink:

Shame about no TV, it looks like it had a lot of interest not just in the UK.

The interest was all over the World Rhorn and i think in the next few days we will see all the footage taken released on to the Nad Al Sheba site and possibly u-tube. They have already started tweeting some short videos. I have never ever seen a high stand so high in all my shooting life....not for shooters with vertigo that is for sure. The target must have been miles under their feet. :wink:
I once shot a tournament on the tiny Island of Sark and they had pallets inside cage, propped up level on the edge of cliffs. Some of the targets would be 60m below you crashing into the cliff if you missed it, hence one stand was called the suicidal crow!
A few people wouldn't go in the cage they where so scared and shot from the back.
Sorry for thread drift.

http://www.tirovesti.co.uk/

Last edited by a moderator:
Great stuff, well done to all from the UK who went out there :hunter: shame we couldn't grab top slot, maybe we'll have to toughen up some of our shoots to raise the bar

I'm saving up for 2015 now :superman:

Congratulations to all who got in the top 50 & 30, awesome shooting, and respect to the top people in the finals and special congratulations to Gebben Miles for such a display of shooting and nerves. :smoke:

Congratulations to the sheikh, Dubai and Nad Al Sheba for their immaculate championships from start to finish.

I once shot a tournament on the tiny Island of Sark and they had pallets inside cage, propped up level on the edge of cliffs. Some of the targets would be 60m below you crashing into the cliff if you missed it, hence one stand was called the suicidal crow!

A few people wouldn't go in the cage they where so scared and shot from the back.

Sorry for thread drift.

http://www.tirovesti.co.uk/
Yes Thiers and Spain had some like that toooo. But nice to see the use of a high platform on flat ground...when there are no ravines in sight :wink:

Great stuff, well done to all from the UK who went out there :hunter: shame we couldn't grab top slot, maybe we'll have to toughen up some of our shoots to raise the bar

I'm saving up for 2015 now :superman:
We did grab top slots as we had four people in 2 of the finals....that is great shooting in anyone's book. Just like ISSF competitions....you have to get into the final to then start the real competition all over again :wink:

Congratulations to the sheikh, Dubai and Nad Al Sheba for their immaculate championships from start to finish.
Just look at that amazing arena for the final.... who said that Sporting couldn't be a spectator sport - incredible.  My favourite photo of the event:

final.jpg

:fan:it was certainly the most entertaining shoot I've ever followed! 

judging on the terrain in Dubai,and  that American and Spanish shooters in top order,,, we may have to shoot over 500acre muddy fields in the uk,, nearest we get to all that sand. :biggrin:   :biggrin:   :biggrin:

NO! you just have to go to Weston Super Mare beach  when the tide is out :crazy:  Not too much sun bit windy some days, but a good place to practice for next years event?

:crazy:   :crazy:   :crazy:       where is the final resuts after the shoot off? :fie:  

I was seriously thinking of going but! I am not going to spend a Grand for a week of  "playing" Fitasc shooters in the sand dunes with no proper refs

or  rules. :fie:  
This is one of your more supportive posts from the outset, do you think just a teeny weeny well done might now be in order ?

Not from the outset Hamster! after it was said on this site that it would be gun optional, and there were 3 Cypriot referees!

Amazing stuff, I cannot recall being as excited for a result as this one... 

For info - shootclay has had 1.2million hits in March so far...  400,000 of them so far today. 
Hence the slowness and "resource exceeded" messages I presume? It held up pretty well

Yep - I have scaling issues... i built shootclay for 5000 hits a month.... I keep adding power - now we are at 350,000 per month - with peaks of 400,000 a day - I need to rethink the way the site is designed and provisioned for. 

In other words - get ready for more money making ideas - i'm gonna need a bigger boat. 

Yep - I have scaling issues... i built shootclay for 5000 hits a month.... I keep adding power - now we are at 350,000 per month - with peaks of 400,000 a day - I need to rethink the way the site is designed and provisioned for. 

In other words - get ready for more money making ideas - i'm gonna need a bigger boat. 
You could always float, never know who might buy a stake.

Cheers peeps.... its what Shootclay should be about!

We've managed a whole day without arguing about what cartridge a CPSA governance body should fire through a monte carlo choke at a sporty/trap target.  

Give yourselves a massive round of applause!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back