F1 2012

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kimi is supposed to be a really fun guy, but in the interview room he makes you want to nod off.

The only time he showed his other side was during a show with other drivers at Indianapolis for the US GP.

The minutes of a Kimi Raikkonen debriefing:-

Engineer," What's the car like Kimi?"

Kimi, " Okay, but not good enough"

Engineer, "What can we do to make it better?"

Kimi, " Make it better, it's sh** at the moment"

Engineeer, " Is that it Kimi?"

Kimi, " Yes, I'm off for a beer."

But don't be fooled, he certainly can drive and has a steely determination.

I remember Brundle saying that off-camera KR is a completely different bloke. Likes to party and was caught in a strip-club a few years ago IIRC. James Hunt is one of his heroes which says it all really.

So, Michael Schumacher - can't be driving next season, Shirley?

Rosberg has one win and 41 points so far. Schumacher, 2 points

Di Resta has Mercedes-Benz backing and I'd pick him to pair with Rosberg. Maybe MB is thinking the same way?

So, Monaco GP this weekend, the Blue Ribbon/Riband event of the calendar? Absolutely no idea who will win!

Monaco is all about qualifying. Expect Vettel & Hamilton to be vying for Pole, Webber could spring a surprise. Rosberg & Button if they get a setup and clear of traffic. But what odds on Alonso ringing the Ferrari's neck? Any of the above on Pole will be hard to pass in a race.

I know it has all the history and wealth etc but Monaco is actually my least favourite race on the calendar, not that I place too much emphasis on actual over taking as there's more to a win than that but that place is impossible to overtake at unless the car in front has a problem.

Assuming Williams recover from their disastrous fire in Spain then keep an eye on Maldonado,he knows Monaco very well.

Raikkonen is a good bet also,in my opinion but I would back Vettel.

He's thirsty and the Red Bull is good in the tight stuff.

Vic.

Not sure if the Lotus is ready for Monaco, but would love to see it up there.

Button needs a perfect set up or he's sh*te!

Vettel seems to have ironed out some issues, so won't bet against him!

Rosberg, Hamilton.....damn, loving this season so far! :D

2012 has all the certainty of a game of pin the tail on the donkey, so no predictions from me. I do hope Williams are quick. It was their best pace last year and that was not a good car..

CSC3

Will,

As we now know the Williams was quick, unfortunately Maldonado is suffering from cell dficiency. Sir Frank deserves better than an idiot and a legends slow nephew.

Is it coincidence that since Sam Michael left Williams fortunes have improved and McLaren seem chaotic?

I think Mike Coughlan joining Williams has paid dividends for the team, plus the Renault engines can't have hindered.

In Spain, PM looked like the real deal. Lets hope he can find that mindset again..

In Franks office hangs three portraits: The Queen, Maggie Thatcher and Ayrton Senna so emotion is playing a part perhaps..

CSC3

I always have found that not one team can or has ever managed to run two truly equal cars.

Knowing Ayrton and seeing many likenesses in Bruno, I think that if they could cosy up to Bruno a little more, he could produce the goods, looking back at his career I do not think that he has dropped a clanger anywhere near the proportions that Maldonado has managed to do three times in the last two races.

Bruno is probably a journeyman driver similar to Barichello.

You can't have 24 no.1 drivers, it just doesn't work, much better to have someone capable of wins without the best car and a point scorer next to him to top up the constructors tally and steal points off the competition which will effectively help the other driver. This is what Ferrari have understood for a long time but which seems to be alien to McLaren.

Maldonado is no idiot, just not quite grasped what F1 needs. I think he'll learn from his stupidity and go on to be a respectable performer for a long time yet. Bruno too is good enough for where he is at the moment, don't forget he is after all a pay driver, Sir Frank is more than happy to have him. ;)

For me the star performer this year continues to be Alonso, leading the championship with only one (extremely well deserved) win in a fourth rate car. If Ferrari improve the car to within a whisker of the other three he'll be hard to beat. If McLaren aren't careful they'll shoot themselves in the foot again, as they did when they paired Alonso and Lewis together and lost the championship by not backing the twice world champion early on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed, Alonso is looking consistent with a car which was not meant to be rated. He'll be there or thereabouts for the championship.

I still feel McLaren can put some good results in. If they can eliminate the errors they should be tough to beat. But Red Bull seems to be upping their game or at least starting to put some good points finishes in.

it all adds up for a great season!

Shouldn't forget Renault or Mercedes either. Who'd bet against Schumacher or Raikkonen winning a race this year?

Schumacher should have won Monaco except he behaved a bit like Maldonado which given his level of experience beggars belief. I have always liked Raikkonen but can't help thinking he's lucky to have landed back in a decent car on his first year back.

Yes, Raikkonen could've had a dog of a car like Schumacher 2 seasons ago. That's the way things fall sometimes

This is what Ferrari have understood for a long time but which seems to be alien to McLaren.
Funny thing is Mclaren used to understand it. In the days of Senna/Prost or Hakkinen/Coulthard there was always an obvious No 1 paired with someone else who could score points.

OTOH before the Schumacher + a journeyman era, Ferrari tended to have 2 sometimes even 3 drivers on an equal footing and let them fight it out.

Latest posts

Back