F1 2012

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Funny thing is Mclaren used to understand it. In the days of Senna/Prost or Hakkinen/Coulthard there was always an obvious No 1 paired with someone else who could score points.

OTOH before the Schumacher + a journeyman era, Ferrari tended to have 2 sometimes even 3 drivers on an equal footing and let them fight it out.
Maybe that was before the really big money in - sponsors want constructor wins. (in my humble opion :huh: )

Anyways, building up to a really good season - my money would have to go - reluctantly - towards Red Bull again, but it's an interesting one!

Well Monaco was without doubt one of the most boring races . . . . . . . EVER !!!

Can't wait for Canada. Brilliant result for Jenson there last year. Have to admit to being a JB fan as he was just starting in Karting when I was racing Karts, and it has been fun to genuinely follow his career through to F1. Seems to have issues with the car right now, and he is one of those drivers that likes the car to feel right. When that happens he is certainly hard to beat.

Mind you the mistakes by the team definitely haven't helped his cause this year either. Would love to see a Jenson and Lewis front row lock out in Canada.

Last edited by a moderator:
He was starting in karts when I was doing it too. My contempories were Johnny Herbert, Jason Plato. Tough stuff!

The right choice of tyre strategy by McClaren won the day and Lewis made it look easy in the last few laps,but what happened to Button,even he doesn't seem to know.

He said he couldn't manage his tyres yet that was supposedly one of his strong points.

Seven different winners and seven races,whose turn next at Valencia,that's usually one of the boring ones?

Vic.

That was an excellent race :smile: , Button says it's not tyres that are causing him problems, aero must be near identical which kind of leaves the driver as the single most likely thing!! You have to qualify high up otherwise you end up in a lot of dirty air and traffic which does make you 2 sec a lap slower.

The more surprising thing for me was Kimi not finishing much further up, Ferrari did the right thing even in retrospect, going for the one stopper; there just isn't any other way of gaining an advantage since they still clearly don't have the top car and Alonso seems very perky with their progress. I rather fancy a podium out of him at the next race.

Loving it so far! Well done LH :D .....and whilst JB is indeed a very good drivist, as I've said before, if he doesn't have the perfect set-up, he just can't seem to adapt.

Great to see the Lotus and Sauber up there!

I think Jenson is struggling with the balance. Louis likes to slide the car and likes a touch of oversteer ( or at least he can cope with it) Jenson likes everything just so. Aero will be the same or can be for both cars, I think Jenson just needs to borrow Webber's gonads & philosophy and realise that there are always two teams within a team, so get on with it.

Drivers always have amazed me, they dick around for two days trying to find a balance, but give them a touch of adversity in the race and they drive through it or around it.

It cannot be too long now before Kimi gets his act together.

Sergio Perez had a good day,starting from 15th and ending up on the podium.

A one stop strategy at least paid off for someone.

Vic.

Sergio Perez had a good day,starting from 15th and ending up on the podium.

A one stop strategy at least paid off for someone.

Vic.
That's why I think Ferrari were right to make that fateful call, Alonso was only behind Lewis by 14 seconds by the end of the race. It could have paid off.

Are four hardness grades of tyres really required in F1 to produce an acceptable spectacle?

Currently two grades are chosen for each circuit each of which must be used during the course of the race.

How would it be if only two grades of hardness were available for the season and that only one grade was used at each race but in the same number of total sets as are available at present.

Teams could then choose to go balls out for the whole race but have multiple pit stops for tyres or go the conservative route and trade pit stops for time.

It might save a bit of money too,perhaps they could bring back qualifying tyres !!

Vic.

Just a soggy job at the moment. That place puddles too, so shunting due to aquaplane is fairly easy if it rains hard. It will be a cautious morning I think..

Im going along tomorrow. Sunday will be Hornet, followed by F1 on TV, best place to see it..

Clever,I've just been watching this on the news,if you actually get in you may never get out.

Been there, done that!!

Vic.

Just been having that debate.. Looks bad. I really don't fancy major traffic dramas. Will be watching the news and decide in the morning.. Uurggh. Already done expensive lunch tickets. May have to let them whistle..

They just said if you have GA tickets for tomorrow - don't go.

The interview with Jenson Button after his qualifying in 18th place today appeared to me that he really doesn't give a stuff and that he has given this impression quite a lot recently.

Very offhand.

Looks like being wet tomorrow so could bring about an unusual result but the way Alonso was going today,my money is on him.

Vic.

Very offhand.

Vic.
With the exception of his winning year he has always come across as off hand in my view, not very composed in the initial stages of being approached.

That was another excellent race, Alonso still leading despite his team making two strategy errors lately, going for the win with two instead of three stops and of course going Hard, Hard then Soft with the tyres in Silverstone, should have been Soft first like the others perhaps.

Paradoxically I think Alonso will be hoping that McLaren pick up a bit now as he desperately needs them to rob points off Vettel and Maybe even Webber as we get to the mid stages.

Webber potentially has a choice between staying put or going to Ferrari next year, listening to Horner's tone of voice whilst congratulating him for the win you just know he won't be allowed to win at RedBull and he certainly won't win at Ferrari paired with Alonso. If it were me I'd take the longer option contract, think pension now boy.

Latest posts

Back