Gun insurance

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have my guns as specified items on my household policy with the NFU. I've had need to make claims on the policy and NFU have been most helpful and reimbursed me without quibble.

As above . Specified items on house. I had need to claim a few years ago. It was delt with super well and I actually got an upgrade put of it as they paid the full price for a new replacement. One word of caution though. The insurance company wanted the old gun for for scrap/parts. And the lovely young lady loss adjuster thought she could just take it away with her. 🤣. So it pays to remember that they are not always up to speed on firearms law.

Ours is also with the NFU on our house and croft insurance. I didn't realise until recently (looking through the policy for something else) bu it also includes legal cover for certificate revocation etc.

Overall the NFU weren't too much more expensive than Direct Line and the scope of cover is far more. We had an equine claim last year and they paid it very quickly with no quibble. Couldn't recommend them more.

Latest posts

Back