RBSS Handicap Classic 2013

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will get there for 9.15ish, the strong Coffee's  are on me! 

CleverSC3 how will my handicap work??? not that ill be anywhere near the front, 

Very generous Rob. The coffee is free! I am out the night before so may need a few..

You will have an RBSS handicap. They work it out by your performance on some undisclosed stands. Complete mystery at this stage!

Weather looking good at this stage...

Andy,

It's just a shoot round 8 stands, although no target there is a doddle really. Good mix of stuff.

The unusual bit is the grouse sequence, with 10 pairs of targets coming when the trapper is ready. Just keep your eyes peeled!

20 birds, launched as 10 pairs. There is a menu, but you cant read it. You say 'ready' then they send first pair, but you don't call again. Eject cartridges over your shoulder and scorer stuffs for you.

Before each pair, he will say 'pair of low loopers to right' or whatever.

Last pair is a covey of four battues. You are required to break 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks CleverSC3, really loooking forward to the shoot, been planning to shoot it a sometime, never shot there before so it's just not the RBSS it’s visiting a new ground as well.

I bumped into Mark Marshall yesterday, who was saying how tricky he was finding RBSS this year (Tell me about it). He has just now banged in a 92 + 3. Nice job Mark..

Nice weather tomorrow. Hope I experience a similar upturn. Bleedin' room for it..

Heard that it is a tricky setup,, im not holding up much hope but weather going to be nice tomorrow and meeting new guys from here and a new ground for me too so looking foward too it. :)

I cruised round an eerily quiet RBSS on Tuesday afternoon feeling confident with a bag full of FBLACKS courtesy of Webber and some nifty courier work from my mate from Wigan.

Won't bore you with the details but I dropped four on the last stand (high driven) to finish on 89.

Gutted....

Thoroughly enjoyable layout and highly recommended.

Good shells as well!

Very well shot. Some people just don't see what the difficulty is with this course, like you. Others are confounded, like me!

We had a very enjoyable outing this morning, myself Rob0577, 28boreshot and two others (not on here). Lovely and sunny, only chilly in the shade, so few excuses..

Mark (28B) did a great job to put in a 71+13, which for a first attempt is very respectable. I added a few on to my previous attempt but still know that there are another 8 out there for me. I did a funny thing in the grouse and ended up somehow looking at my glasses nosepiece on left shots; causing 3 misses. Must have not shifted my feet around enough. I need about 4 more to make the final. Compared to previous years, this shoot is resisting arrest!

Rob looked nice and composed and did a nice job for somebody so new to the sport. He got a lower than hoped RB handicap, but will likely be back anyway. Lots of promise and progress there!

First timer at this today new ground and new people to shoot with, thanks will for sorting this morning it was great fun and good company, I was pleased to break the 70's but feel there is more out there for me, you shot very well today will and would have a bet on you putting a 85+ before end of april, nice to meet rob too keep at it mate you have very good technique and scores will build my friend.

Really enjoyable morning thanks...roll on next time. :)

Thanks guys,

I really enjoyed shooting with you all this morning, and thanks Will for organising it. I will certainly be shooting it again over the next few weeks.

On stand 8, odd aircraft activity. Look closely, the clay, going r-l passes through the x!

post-76-0-80184600-1360964236.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 0
Managed to get a last minute slot on this one today, after finding myself at a loss this afternoon. Made a couple of silly mistakes, dropping 6 on the grouse and 4 on stand 8 - under leading the second bird. Finished up on an 85 with a handycap of 6 so 91 all in. Not completly happy, left 5 or six i think but best i have ever shot there.

nipped down here this afternoon shot another 83 + 4 NO GOOD BUT TOOK MY OLD MATE PHIL SMITH WHO SHOT AN AMAZING 96 + 4 = 100

he missed 2 on grouse 1 on the long chondelle and his last driven midi bloody brilliant shooting

nipped down here this afternoon shot another 83 + 4 NO GOOD BUT TOOK MY OLD MATE PHIL SMITH WHO SHOT AN AMAZING 96 + 4 = 100
he missed 2 on grouse 1 on the long chondelle and his last driven midi bloody brilliant shooting
That is some shooting...fair play on him.....be back there myself for another stab soon.:)

That really is a good score on that awkward layout , the grouse score is awesome well done smithy  :biggrin:   

That really is a good score on that awkward layout , the grouse score is awesome well done smithy  :biggrin:   
With practice, I can see myself hitting17/ 18 in the grouse, but the rest is very tough to get around unscathed. Blinding shooting!

Bloody Well shot Phil.

Was nice to see you saturday and have a chat, you still got it mate!!

Are you on here??

Latest posts

Back