Scotland post-independence

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the oil fields come under crown estates so the Jocks don't own them anyway, Also every oil company would relocate south of the border they would not work with a new currency that is unproven and not stable.

the oil fields come under crown estates so the Jocks don't own them anyway, Also every oil company would relocate south of the border they would not work with a new currency that is unproven and not stable.
Crown estates only exists in Scotland under the treaty of the Union, an independence 'yes' vote would end the Union treaty. Oil company's won't relocate because of Scotland keeping the pound, they and other company's might be tempted to relocate and move north of the border to an independent Scotland with 3% lower corporation tax, anyway, you can't drill oil from South of border, you don't have oil there...

Crown estates only exists in Scotland under the treaty of the Union, an independence 'yes' vote would end the Union treaty. Oil company's won't relocate because of Scotland keeping the pound, they and other company's might be tempted to relocate and move north of the border to an independent Scotland with 3% lower corporation tax, anyway, you can't drill oil from South of border, you don't have oil there...
did you miss the bit where they said you can't keep the pound or are you ignoring it?

Do not under estimate the current Scotish goverment lead by Alex Salmond, like him or loath him, he is by far one of the cleverest political minds the UK has ever seen. Just look at how he has and continues to manoeuvred Westminster...

Small fields.....true story.

Not worried... :laugh: we have Morcambe Bay and Gt Yarmouth.....just saying..!!

I am more concerned about how it will effect my whisky supply :(

they can take our lives but they will never take our whisky.

As part of my job I have to meet contractors from Scotland who's companies have interest on both side of the border, not one person from a spanner monkey to a company director has had a good word to say about Alex Salmond or the SNP. We are little islanders with imaginary borders bickering on a land mass in the sea. I have English, Scottish, Irish and welsh blood in my history which way do vote... :angry:

"Thats when the fight started"

Whoa...the majority of Northen Ireland WANTS to stay British, the Irish were/are military occupied 'to prevent them' fighting each other, i.e. civil war, the majority of the population Scotland May of May not vote for independence, I wish to stay British, largely for the same reasons as the Northen Irish... but every time I hear a Westminster politition talk or listen to a 'little Englander' run us down, I get a little more tempted to vote 'Yes'
This is good stuff James, i come from about as far south as you can get, but have very strong ties to my extended family in the Orkney Islands. I have always described myself as British ( proud to do so). I have to say however that we are stronger by a long way, together and Alex the man is out to make his place in history. I hope the yes vote is to reject independence.

I am more concerned about how it will effect my whisky supply :(

they can take our lives but they will never take our whisky.
No problem Ian just switch over to BLEACH same taste and much cheaper :spiteful:

I have had some of that bleach you refer to shaun, it was called Jack Daniels

Whoa...the majority of Northen Ireland WANTS to stay British, the Irish were/are military occupied 'to prevent them' fighting each other, i.e. civil war, the majority of the population Scotland May of May not vote for independence, I wish to stay British, largely for the same reasons as the Northen Irish... but every time I hear a Westminster politition talk or listen to a 'little Englander' run us down, I get a little more tempted to vote 'Yes'
Really clever the way you totally ignore the historical perspective.  

Maybe if Scotland goes independent, the Scots forcibly relocated to Ireland will feel like rejoining their own kind and leave Ireland.

A plan I like would remove all the inhabitants of the Isle of Man to South Hampton and then all the NI prods to IoM.  Be a good move for everyone since the Irish are already good at promoting open road motorcycle racing.

Maybe if Scotland goes independent, the Scots forcibly relocated to Ireland will feel like rejoining their own kind and leave Ireland.

A plan I like would remove all the inhabitants of the Isle of Man to South Hampton and then all the NI prods to IoM.  Be a good move for everyone since the Irish are already good at promoting open road motorcycle racing.
Hee hee hee hee Brilliant. I vote for all of that .

Ninja mode... Pssst Wonko....it is Southampton and it is a sh*te hole

Last edited:
I appreciate the correction, being the iggerant ferriner I am.  Sounds like a proper place for the prods.

here's an interesting discussion -  http://www.sceala.com/phpBB2/irish-forums-25178.html

I really like this part - "There are millions of Roman Catholics in Britain and they get on fine - except anywhere the orange order exist. Liverpool and Glasgow and other parts of Scotland. 

Most Scots detest the Orange order - view them as a far right embarrassment. Only the ignorant race haters of the BNP and Combat 18 have any time for the Orange order."

sorry about the thread hijack - I'm done

A plan I like would remove all the inhabitants of the Isle of Man to South Hampton and then all the NI prods to IoM. Be a good move for everyone since the Irish are already good at promoting open road motorcycle racing.
Are you on drugs???

I appreciate the correction, being the iggerant ferriner I am. Sounds like a proper place for the prods.

here's an interesting discussion - http://www.sceala.com/phpBB2/irish-forums-25178.html

I really like this part - "There are millions of Roman Catholics in Britain and they get on fine - except anywhere the orange order exist. Liverpool and Glasgow and other parts of Scotland.

Most Scots detest the Orange order - view them as a far right embarrassment. Only the ignorant race haters of the BNP and Combat 18 have any time for the Orange order."

sorry about the thread hijack - I'm done
You are on drugs...aren't you? If not, you should be!!!

If they get it, I'm taking shares in dry stone walling companies 

There's  going to be a mahoosive contract going begging for a bit of reinstatement ;)

Mart

Latest posts

Back