Scotland post-independence

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Better mine and electrify it since the plain old stone didn't even work last time.

Maybe a Korean style DMZ sorta thing would work.  Be a good place for the troops after they get outta Ireland hahahaha

The book written about Scottish Independence will be a very short one.

Without the UK pound it's dead in the water. Simples.

With a 'new' currency Scotland will not have a credit rating by the likes of Standard and Poors / Moody's etc. and as such have no access to credit on the world stage. It follows that Financial regulation north of the border will be uncertain and more costly.

The SNP have 'independence blindness' (the disease is also known to afflict some Welsh people) the main side effect of the disease is not being able to see the wood for the trees.

Voting Yes will get them independence, and put the country back 400 years.

Look at the German economy today and it's financial strength within Europe. What did it look like pre 1990? Re-unification got them to where they are today, not the continued East v West divide.

Living in France it may be a bit hypocritical of me to comment but I am Scottish so I will :)

One of the things that comes out of the whole debate about independence is that the no campaign is , as far as I can see, base simply on scaremongering and for want of a better word bullying tactics by the Westminster government. For a complete lame duck of a country the Westminster government for some inexplicable reason wants to hang on to Scotland and its natural resources? If the people of Scotland want to go it alone and vote for such a plan I can assure any doubters that the Westminster government will change tack quite quickly to make the changes required to make sure they do not lose out on anything coming their way. I know that a great many of the people on this site are not old enough to remember but Scotland has already voted in a previous referendum on independence and the vote was carried in favour ... but the cunning Westminster government insisted that the percentage of the yes vote had to be greater than 40% of the votes cast no simple majority here.. what was the cornerstone of British electoral system at the time ??? What percentage of the popular vote does the current conservative or lib dem have ??? There is only one reason there is even a debate about this by the sitting government and that is un tapped natural resources out in the Atlantic and the north sea. Anyway there are many English voters who will be able to cast a vote. I can only hope that the people of Scotland use sound reasoning rather than "better the devil you know" when making their decision in the coming vote!

I tried Bulgarian 'home brew whiskey' up in the mountains on holiday last year...WOW!!! Fire water didn't have a look on!!!

Living in France it may be a bit hypocritical of me to comment but I am Scottish so I will :)

One of the things that comes out of the whole debate about independence is that the no campaign is , as far as I can see, base simply on scaremongering and for want of a better word bullying tactics by the Westminster government. For a complete lame duck of a country the Westminster government for some inexplicable reason wants to hang on to Scotland and its natural resources? If the people of Scotland want to go it alone and vote for such a plan I can assure any doubters that the Westminster government will change tack quite quickly to make the changes required to make sure they do not lose out on anything coming their way. I know that a great many of the people on this site are not old enough to remember but Scotland has already voted in a previous referendum on independence and the vote was carried in favour ... but the cunning Westminster government insisted that the percentage of the yes vote had to be greater than 40% of the votes cast no simple majority here.. what was the cornerstone of British electoral system at the time ??? What percentage of the popular vote does the current conservative or lib dem have ??? There is only one reason there is even a debate about this by the sitting government and that is un tapped natural resources out in the Atlantic and the north sea. Anyway there are many English voters who will be able to cast a vote. I can only hope that the people of Scotland use sound reasoning rather than "better the devil you know" when making their decision in the coming vote!
Ok so just use the Euro.. thats that sorted..eerrr!!! How much oil is actually left? 10 years 20, 50, 100?:Independence is I guess for ever?
I just think we're all better off working together without all the additional bull that goes with even more self important politicians banging on about even more unnecessary sh!te.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so just use the Euro.. thats that sorted..eerrr!!! How much oil is actually left? 10 years 20, 50, 100?:Independence is I guess for ever?

I just think we're all better off working together without all the additional bull that goes with even more self important politicians banging on about even more unnecessary sh!te.
Paul, the pound belongs to Scotland as much as England...England would need to buy Scotland out of the pound to exclude them from using it as currency, who knows which way the vote will go, as for oil, estimated 20-40yrs North East Coast...some day more on the West coast than ever on the East...again, who knows!?!? I do not want to break up the Union, at the same time I do not fear it.

Nicola, less important things have ran to many more pages, Scottish independence is significantly more important in our day to day lives than 'snap caps'...

Not in mine.

Free speach still exists here :laugh:

I'll get the popcorn chaps :wink:

Popcorn and other sweet things at your age could be dangerous, most o.a.p's have diabetes...

Ah ya are a feisty tartan warrior....but not great at insults ......try shaking your scabbard to see if it sounds better when ya type.......p. m. S. l.

Don't forget Ta hoist ya skirt at the same time....that would scare some

Ya might take my blah blah blah but ya won't take my FREEEEEEEEDDDOOOOOOOM .....L. O. L.

Night nite ya scary man..... :laugh:

Ya might take my blah blah blah but ya won't take my FREEEEEEEEDDDOOOOOOOM .....L. O. L.

Night nite ya scary man..... :laugh:
...you and Allport been taking the same medication as Wanko the Yank I see...keep taking the pills!!!

Yeah!! Reality Pills!! And we're talkin' some scary MF'n sh*te I can tell you!
Yeah....... !! (Imagine me stood behind Wonko, head held high, but I am 24 stone with a very deep soft voice....and I am African American......just saying Mofo!)
YEAH...!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back