Shoot Clay Support Challenge

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a quick update, I’m having a bit of trouble locating the old hammer gun for the winner of the RBS Trophy, I put the feelers out and not one came forth. The shotgun seems to be around 190 quid or so on the internet and I didn’t really want to pay that much; soooooooooooooo is there anyone in the shoot clay community that owns an old deactivated hammer gun and would they like to donate it?  
Don't worry about it Andy, what will be will be, I'll give it some thought over the next couple of days and see if I can come up with something, the main focus is a fun day, even if something comes along after the event we can etch it up retrospectively, cheers, Growl

Don't worry about it Andy, what will be will be, I'll give it some thought over the next couple of days and see if I can come up with something, the main focus is a fun day, even if something comes along after the event we can etch it up retrospectively, cheers, Growl
okey dokey

Growl

My adult son Phil (36) would like to come.  He has applied for his SGC and had his visit today when his cabinet was approved.  It has been suggested that his SGC will arrive in about 3 weeks but he will have to share my gun or hire one from Coleys and might need a minder if his SGC does not arrive in time.  He has had a lesson in the past and shoots with me at Ashcombe from time to time.  If the SGC comes in 3 weeks it will be a record and a significant turn around for Devon & Cornwall since last year.

Robert

No problem at all Robert, I'll add him to the list, I'm sure Phil is on top of any licencing issues.

Not sure Jem I'll have to check the main list, when did you message me? I'll try and do a full update this evening, cheers Growl.

Latest list of attendees

teepee1234

Andy

April

Jimbob

28boreshot

Jem0911

Maxum

DaveB

Vika

Fuzrat

SoR

SoR + 1

SoR + 2

S.Deaville

Luci

PhilS

PhilS + 1

RobertBeard

RobertBeard + 1

Parkie

Adam

Rachel

ShootClay Admin

Robo

GavB

shortlegs

LRCFENCINGSERVICES

CirenRich50

Rich H

Nelly

wynno

sscottsmith1234

Slopian

Garry

Garry + 1

Tuftikins

funkyboogalooo

slackeruk

Growl

that is 39 in my book, please check that I have you down correctly, I have only received the avaerages from 1 shooter so far (thanks Fuzrat) let me know if any issues, I will try and PM everyone so you have the days layout.

all the best, Growl -

3 weeks to the Growler... :fie:   :fie:

Growl, not hiding / no need to hide these averages, ESP 60.7%, (320 targets) FITSSC 49% (200 targets) so not really High Gun material nor can I claim to be a prolific shot either.

Growl ... my averages , ESP 68.8% & FITASC 68.0% .

Looking forward to the day mate & well done on sorting it all out .... see ya there :)

ive only done 2 shoots last season will that do or do i need to go out and shoot another 100 reg. :hunter:   :hunter:   :hunter:   :hunter:

That's fine Maxum, they don't need to be registered or anything, just after what level people are shooting at coming up to the day so we can sort who has shot well and who hasn't, I'm way up on my cpsa average so I'll work from my current level, cheers Growl.

Just been and had a look at what the cpsa have given me for an average blooming 90%

That's buggered it right up. :-(

Does that put me in the running for least improved then :))

Morning growl, my average on last cut off was 74.8% running average on cpsa averages today is 76.1%.....cheers mark.

I thought we were going on the average of the last 3 shoots?  I haven't done the "last 3 shoots" before the Growler yet!  Or are we basing it on the CPSA averages?

I'm easily confused, so don't worry too much...  :crazy:

Just a quick update, I’m having a bit of trouble locating the old hammer gun for the winner of the RBS Trophy, I put the feelers out and not one came forth. The shotgun seems to be around 190 quid or so on the internet and I didn’t really want to pay that much; soooooooooooooo is there anyone in the shoot clay community that owns an old deactivated hammer gun and would they like to donate it?
Growl/Andy,

I ve been into my local gunshop today (Ivybridge Gunroom) they have a old hammer gun that they will donate to the Growler, but the only problem is it isn't de-comissioned.. They are going to price up the work and let me know.

What are your thoughts? Does it need to be dead? My worry was not everyone on the day has a SGC and could end up winning the trophy and not be able to keep it...

Latest posts

Back