Shoot Clay Support Challenge

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have only done sporting traps so looking forward to trying out the rest, I am hoping I will not be the only novice shooting and any rules will be explained on the day? 

Thanks in advance.
Same here, did my third sporting shoot today and have no clue as to what the rest of that lot means. Looking forward to finding out though.

Regards scores I'm currently at 27, 31, 37 so averaging 32. At least the trend is upwards so far...

I think it should be left activated. Too many good guns going to waste.

I will de-activate it FOC if that is what is required. 

It can be awarded to the winner on the day, a Brass plate engraved and attached at a later date and the gun could stay in the possession of Growl or the Disco Maniac on their ticket .
Disco Maniac? C'est Moi!

HI

My last 3 scores are 41, 37 and 49 today.

That is about 42% if i worked that out right. 

Well, just had a relaxing weekend, shot at 150 at Longridge then another 100 at Doveridge, then did the fist of my "growler qualifiers" with a nice round 70 at Doveridge, going to do Oakedge next Sunday and finish off at Kingsley the last Sunday before the big day, hope you have all had a cracking weekend, I'm gonna hit the Guinness original now, cheers all Gdog.

I had a quite poor day yesterday,

16 & 18 on Compact and a lack lustre 56 on sporting (out of 100)  :banghead:

Well Phil, look at it this way, if you make a dramatic improvement on the day you're gonna walk away with the 1st place!

BREAKING NEWS

Ed Lyons will be joining us on the day and has offered to put up a pair of shooting glasses for the Charity Raffle.

I think in leiu of the prize selection now (I'll pop in another bottle of fizz to match Matt's) It may be an idea to raise the amount of tickets available to each shooter from 2 to 3 (cost is still a fiver)

I still think it needs a cap to try and keep things fair - what are your thoughts all?

Cheers everyone for being a part of this and supporting a good cause, regards, Growl. :preved:  

Works for me.

We need a pair of freezer blocks in the auction as well - Fuz has a long history of praying for his ticket to be drawn to win a pair of ice blocks for a freezer box.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to keep the Ginsters cool in the summer, nothing worse than your sausage roll going limp :(
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_514 using Board Express

Works for me.

We need a pair of freezer blocks in the auction as well - Fuz has a long history of praying for his ticket to be drawn to win a pair of ice blocks for a freezer box.
Pardon me for being pedantic, but it's a raffle, not an auction!  If it was an auction, none of us would have a chance of getting freezer blocks with Fuz there!  :biggrin:

Well Phil, look at it this way, if you make a dramatic improvement on the day you're gonna walk away with the 1st place!
Have no problem with any of that Growl, except the 'dramatic improvement' bit!

Oh well, here's hoping :smile:

Sent from my Desire HD using tapatalk 2

Pardon me for being pedantic, but it's a raffle, not an auction!  If it was an auction, none of us would have a chance of getting freezer blocks with Fuz there!  :biggrin:
It was one of my favourite ShootClay days out ever - little Fuz sitting there at Woodlands Pursuits clutching his tickets desperately hoping for his number to come out so he could claim the freezer blocks...

It was one of my favourite ShootClay days out ever - little Fuz sitting there at Woodlands Pursuits clutching his tickets desperately hoping for his number to come out so he could claim the freezer blocks...
Ahh, what a day...the look on his little face... :preved:

Yesterday I thought I'd treat my shoot as my first to count towards my average at the Growler.  I religiously kept the empty cartridges for my hits in my other pocket.  Trouble was someone brought along a new Browning 725 Hunter and was having trouble with one of the barrels not firing so we were all required to shoot a stand with it to establish if it was him or the gun at fault.  I then missed all ten clays with it which p***** me off as I reckon I would normally have hit 7 out of ten on those so I'm counting this as 18 hits plus 7 = 25 ex 50 towards my average.

The conclusion with the Browning was that he's not releasing the trigger after the first shot so the gun is not re-arming the trigger for the second barrel.

BREAKING NEWS

Ed Lyons will be joining us on the day and has offered to put up a pair of shooting glasses for the Charity Raffle.

I think in leiu of the prize selection now (I'll pop in another bottle of fizz to match Matt's) It may be an idea to raise the amount of tickets available to each shooter from 2 to 3 (cost is still a fiver)

I still think it needs a cap to try and keep things fair - what are your thoughts all?

:preved:

Cheers everyone for being a part of this and supporting a good cause, regards, Growl.

Anything you say Growl, I'm cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yesterday I thought I'd treat my shoot as my first to count towards my average at the Growler.  I religiously kept the empty cartridges for my hits in my other pocket.  Trouble was someone brought along a new Browning 725 Hunter and was having trouble with one of the barrels not firing so we were all required to shoot a stand with it to establish if it was him or the gun at fault.  I then missed all ten clays with it which p***** me off as I reckon I would normally have hit 7 out of ten on those so I'm counting this as 18 hits plus 7 = 25 ex 50 towards my average.

The conclusion with the Browning was that he's not releasing the trigger after the first shot so the gun is not re-arming the trigger for the second barrel.
Out of interest and going at a tangent, what shells were you/he using? reason I ask is they had one on the rabbit mania at the shooting show and it wouldnt reset for the second barrel, I thought it was Mrs Fuz flinching and not letting go between shots, but it was because she was using 21g and subsonics, not enough punch for the inertia block, it was straight out of the wrapper that morning so a bit on the stiff side.

Latest posts

Back