The Hijack thread

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dont encourage him, he is struggling to master a simple musical instrument as it is, you are now asking him to accommodate a further musical piece and abandon his first entry into the performing arts with a harmonica

It is not cricket at all!!! the man has enough to contend with, with his trousers round his ankles applying vaseline to his extremities whilst trying read a simple musical score and tightening his sphinctre. He has many skills to learn and master the recorder can be part of his work in progress lets not rush him too much

Would not have thought that a jolly spiffing tipple such as doom bar would be concocted by the lower ranks les my dear fellow. And surely game encrusted within a pastry shell is propper posh and should never be refered to as a mere pie.
We now have a new menu at the pub, three courses for £9.95 including a pint of Doom!!!! I'm waiting til the night that the game pie is on the list, in fact it may be tonight!!!! I can feel a spot of DTL coming on........ :D I should be there by about 17.15hrs I hope. :D

Question?

With all things equal, why is there separate categories for men and women in shooting?

It's not like men have an advantage through being stronger, I'd personally wanna see women kicking ass at top level, not in a separate class.

I'm not sure the rules in the different disciplines in clay but we had a open comp and then women's class etc etc

Harley I totally agree mate. No reason for women to have there own comp going on in many sports. Greedy if you ask me as in major comps presumably an 18yr old girl could win high gun, class, juniors and womens. I dont know much about other sports but one assumes a similar scenario. Its about time women in (many) sports competed on the same level after all they have been fighting for years for equality so prove you REALLY want it.

Harley, you started it matey but I suggest you and I take cover as this could get messy. :D

Harley I totally agree mate. No reason for women to have there own comp going on in many sports. Greedy if you ask me as in major comps presumably an 18yr old girl could win high gun, class, juniors and womens. I dont know much about other sports but one assumes a similar scenario. Its about time women in (many) sports competed on the same level after all they have been fighting for years for equality so prove you REALLY want it.

Harley, you started it matey but I suggest you and I take cover as this could get messy. :D
Ian, I think you are just an outright bounder old boy! This is simply not cricket don't ya know! 18 year old floosies on the line? Possibly with legs up to the neck and a huge cleavage, possibly with a short skirt, suspenders, stockings etc, how could a chap even think he could concerate on the target!!!???? Well OK, maybe just one or two floosies then! :.:

Good point les me old chum never thought about that :D

Yep i'm off now too, ruddy glad its friday never stopped all week. Lamb tagiene (spellin) and a bottle of red waiting for me not to mension mrs ips oooh not 18 anymore but still a floosie :D

(I do hope thats not a derogatory term if it is and your reading this my Love then blame that Les fella ;) )

The cost of owning a boat has gone up substantially, I have mine in a private marina, and although I love it t' bits I have too question if the fees warrant the amount of time we go up and stay on her.

Yep we had same dilema 3 yrs ago private marina berth on windermere for 28' sports cruiser was costing me about 4k per year incl annual service anti foul etc. Weather was so cack for 2 or 3 years we got sick of sitting onboard with heater on full so called it a day after 9 years of boating. was very very lucky as sold boat on brokerage in 48hrs. My mate put his similar boat up for sale about 3 months after me and took nearly 3 yrs to sell. Boy was I lucky, and you know what they say the second happiest day of a mans life is day he buys his boat the happiest day of a mans life is the day he sells it.  ;)

I've just paid out 6.5k for a new coat of paint, so if I sell it now I should make money, hopefully.

But I'm not sure I want to sell her that's the problem, I go up on my own with the dog sometimes, log burner on, beer out and sports channel on, priceless.

I know that dilemma. Got two motorbikes sitting in the garage (one of them worth a bloody fortune). Did hardly any mileage last year due to crap weather and shooting taking increasingly more time. Been thinking of selling the expensive one but I know if I do I will regret it forever. Can't sell the less valuable one as its part of the familly. Not so much a cost issue, more the fact its just sitting there doing nothing.

Hmmmmm....what to do?

DT

Last edited by a moderator:
The cost of owning a boat has gone up substantially, I have mine in a private marina, and although I love it t' bits I have too question if the fees warrant the amount of time we go up and stay on her.
Sold mine earlier this year, all the costs went through the roof, insurance, servicing, harbour fees, fuel everything just costs a bomb these days. :(

yep fully sympathise with you all, I had an inflatable dinghy from ARGOS some years ago the upkeep was horrendous and getting it out every summer to inflate the bloody thing was a right royal pain in the arris !!

The main seating board thingy was wooden and eventually rotted I replaced it with a couple of plastic oars lashed togehter with superglue and some cord

The outboard propeller got bent after going over some detritis in the river,still no problem got replaced with a catering heavy duty whisk attachement I picked up at an auction, works a real treat, although we did tend to leave a wake of rather creamy liquid behind the boat on sailing days

The locks also got a bit tricky being supsend with only the bollards protecting you betweem the boat and the lock wall was abit hairy on more than one occasion, well we only wanted to go up river a mile or so to the Ferry at Cookham which we managed very well on the way there it was coming back pissed as puddings that caused the problems.

YES its very stressful and demanding owning a boat and not a little inexpensive waht with the the court appearances and the lock repairs costs.

Yep i'm off now too, ruddy glad its friday never stopped all week. Lamb tagiene (spellin) and a bottle of red waiting for me not to mension mrs ips oooh not 18 anymore but still a floosie :D

(I do hope thats not a derogatory term if it is and your reading this my Love then blame that Les fella ;) )
 You try to blame me for everything! But hey whats new?!!! :lol:

OK it's now December and we are still getting wasps flying into the office, why are they not all dead? We don't usually get wasps in bloody December, wos going on???? :huh:

Latest posts

Back