The weather

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Join ze club. I was reduced to shooting rabbits yesterday.

Its not only the rain but the wind has been so strong the clays would be 1/2 mile away in no time!

Been practising on Wii sport still rubbish!

Ian

Where dad and I set our strawbailer up is waterlogged. Don't think it will dry by sunday. That is bloomin' Sussex clay for you.

The next rain-casualty looks like EJC reg on Thursday. Weather looks good tomorrow; awful Thursday..

Maybe the Wednesday night practice at EJC could break the boredom this week..

CSC3

As one who suffers from 'cabin fever', I hate being stuck indoors,but equally I hate shooting in the rain.

I gave that up when I packed in game shooting.

Recently,however,I have been out clay shooting in the rain and I have to admit I still enjoyed it.

I regret missing a charity shoot last Sunday, but it really was persisting down.

The charity was one I always support,McMillan Nurses,fortunately they are repeating it in June.

I'll post it on here.

Vic.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was booked in for the FITASC at Grimsthorpe on Sunday, if it had been a turn up and shoot competition then I wouldn't have bothered.

So I battled through the floods and torrential rain which persisted all day and was half expecting the ground to be closed but Mark and his crew are made of sterner stuff.

I got myself properly geared up with waterproof everything and surprised myself by thoroughly enjoying the day.

The great targets helped and I think all the water drops on my specs stopped me tracking stuff, so a poke and hope out of necessity worked quite well and I finished on a similar score to what I would expect on a good day.

I think sometimes you have just got to get on with it regardless!

Dont care what the weather does this weekend, I'm shooting 2 days if I have to paddle round in a canoe :D

Pretty much same here. Was geared up for the Sunday just gone and I have an unworn waterproof golf suit!

Fortunately the ABT is under cover this weekend

we shot at dartford all weekend very wet but still great fun,we will shot in anything snow,wind,rain bring it on !!!!

Southdown esp on Sunday and give gunsite another go on Monday :D

Just heard that Gunsite is cancelled for Bank Holiday morning - ground is completely waterlogged.

Last time I went I was completely bogged down..

Weather looks less horrid for tmrw at EJC though.

CSC3

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back