F1 2012

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pity they both retired!

Vettel does it again, looks like Button just didn't have enough to close him down

Has Schumacher lost it?

For the second time this season he has piled into the back of someone by totally misjudging his cars braking performance on cold tyres.

First it was Bruno Senna in Spain now it's Jean-Eric Vergne in Singapore.

This time he has earned himself a ten place penalty for Japan.

Vic.

He never should have come back - he left on the highest point and with an unsurpassed record which IMHO he has now spoilt
Couldn't agree more.My prediction is that Hamilton will struggle to be No 1 at Mercedes because Rosberg isn't just another reasonably good journeyman driver like Bunson. Anyone who can consistently outperform Schumacher has to be very very good and I've never been quite as convinced as some of the pundits that Hamilton is quite up there with the best.

I disagree. I think after a bedding-in period Lewis wil be consistently quicker than Rosberg.

He never should have come back - he left on the highest point and with an unsurpassed record which IMHO he has now spoilt
Perhaps he didn't care about the reputation as he has been there and done it and it was all about the money. Somehow I couldn't take having been at the top for so long becoming an also ran but there again I haven't been there

Perhaps he didn't care about the reputation as he has been there and done it and it was all about the money. Somehow I couldn't take having been at the top for so long becoming an also ran but there again I haven't been there
Dunno. Hard to see how money would been behind it. I read somewhere that Ferrari (Fiat money of course) paid him $25M per year for about 10 years plus a massive income from sponsorship/endorsements.
He'd had a relationship with Mercedes right back to before he was even in F1. I believe it was Merc who forced Jordan to let him go to (I think) Benetton, so perhaps he felt obligated to them.

I think,from the point of view of winning,Hamilton has made a grave mistake.

McLaren undoubtedly design and build better cars than Mercedes.

Mercedes, previously Brawn, won both championships using a Honda designed car and built up a big lead at the start of the season.

They then struggled to continue to develop the car and remain at the front.

They have not designed a championship winning car since then.

I think Hamilton has been poorly advised by his management team who are solely orientated towards money.

Perez at McLaren,I think he'll give Jenson a run for his money.

Vic.

Hiya

Despite being involved with it, it's all too complex to know all that goes on. For what it's worth, I think Lewis may have made a mistake. The pedigree at Woking is stunning. 2014 will be a shake up, but not sure it will be a total shuffle of the pack. Lets not forget that the difference between a mega team and a mid fielder is about 1%. Tricky to call it..

There are only 2 proper teams in F1, Ferrari and McLaren, without Newey RedBull would fall like a sack of potatoes. Hamilton will not win a Championship with Mercedes but he may well win another title in 2016/17 with someone else perhaps even McLaren again. He'll also find being paired with Rosberg tougher going than Button. Rosberg can drive round problems :wink: , I do believe he is yet to be bested by a team mate.

Actually, Schumacher has been superb against rosberg this year. Shows he is still up there. Or will Lewis show rosberg as under par? This is why we will watch avidly next year..

Can somebody, perhaps Hamster, explain something to me?

I like F1...not a Die Hard Fan but I enjoy it. I understand a bit about cars, but...can some one tell me how the McLaren car, can be so much faster than the Mercedes? I'm just going on the fact that any team, must have millions behind them in order to compete, so how can someone like Mercedes, not build a car that is as fast as the McLaren and what is it that makes it faster?

Are they going to be allowed forced induction in 2014 then?

There's the long answer which would take all day to write or the short answer which is that McLaren know much more about building F1 cars than Merc.

And for 2014 engines will be 1.6 turbos. Err... anyone else getting that deja vu feeling?

Latest posts

Back