How flat is a 28g 7.5 cartridge

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harley

I would like to know, can someone tell me generally, what the trajectory is like for a similar cartridge to the above please.

The drop is around 4-6 inches at 50 yards I think; needless to say the nature of patterns and other factors mean you need not worry about trajectory.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers, I wasn't worrying about it, but being an ex Airgun shooter I thought it be interesting to know

Yes, the pellet flight is rather interesting , especially when trying to put it through a 15mm hole at silly ranges with Wind factors etc

Sent from my iFone using Tapatalk

Not a clue but a very interesting question. Definately wont be anything like a .177 thats for sure :)

TRUE

.177 = 4.5mm ave speed 850 fps say

7.5 shell = 2.3mm ave speed 1200fps say

next

Based on the spread over say 50 yards with a reasonably tight choke, and the drop, I wonder who actually accounts for that type of Drop in sporting or other disciplines , just wondered like..

Yes, the pellet flight is rather interesting , especially when trying to put it through a 15mm hole at silly ranges with Wind factors etc

Best I ever got to was a 20mm spinner set at 70yds on a wind free summer evening. Air arms S400 classic (walnut stock) with a MAP pro scope and accupels, bench rested of course. I was way past the very bottom mil dot. Great fun............and cheap as chips at less than a tenner for 500 shots :D

70 yards bottom mill dot? What was you zeroed at.

Good darts btw ;-)

Check out bench rested comps, very frustrating, I never officially took part but wish I did when I was competing.

Sorry Harley was just editing as you posted as I missed a word out "Past" :oops:

I was acctually off a bipod and it was perfectly still evening. I am lucky enough to live in the sticks and we have a 1 acre field at the back which I had a field target range set up. Havent shot anything for a while must get me rifles out again soon. Its a few years ago now but if memory serves me correct I think I was about half way down the post between the last mil dot (which I think is 50yds) and the bottom rim of the scope. Scope would have been zeroed at 30yds. Fantastic rifle loved accupels didnt shoot air arms well which is strange.

I'm sitting bored in Hertford hospital waiting for my checkup from the neck up ,hence the nonsense chat ;-)

What you got ?

Do you still shoot air rifle ?

Shot pattern and shot string will vary between different shells of the same size according to the make/type/speed. It will be affected by the components of the shell and also by wind etc, not to mention the gun itself and the speed of swing. :wink:

Bench rested shooting is very therapeutic , if you get a chance set a a4 sheet out at 25 yards and if you got the software fill it with rows of 10mm and 5mm circles inside, start from top corner and work your way along, just shoot the first line then start breathing correctly hold and fire, and see the difference, then add in a nice trigger pull (no snatch) with the breathing and see the difference, and then at the end you'll see such a difference.

Then take the same paper and stand...

IPS, I have a HW97 with CS1000 walnut adjustable stock, heavy heavy heavy, but so accurate.

Yes fun indeed. Was never any good at standing shots even with correct breathing, and me sciatica is going no were near field target sitting position thats for sure. :)

Latest posts

Back