How flat is a 28g 7.5 cartridge

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Belly was always stopping me from that position, hence why I hate Ft. ;-)

Sent from my iFone using Tapatalk

Very nice, prob best springer too date. And I bet you have it tuned ??

I enjoy shooting me BSA lightning (the original not the XL) wouldnt be as accurate as yer HW but good fun if a bit twangy. Got a nice Appolo scope on it with Japanese lenses. Had to re parralax it as couldnt see jack below 25yds but luckily I didnt wreck it when I loosened the locking ring its now as crisp as you like.

I use Burris lenses, and had USA make my scope rets and parallax to my requirements, the biggest failure for air guns is PE, crack that part and your on yer way.

Sent from my iFone using Tapatalk

I assume were talking parralax error, yes i have had some very dodgy scopes that were miles out. All of em were Chinese lenses

Shot pattern and shot string will vary between different shells of the same size according to the make/type/speed. It will be affected by the components of the shell and also by wind etc, not to mention the gun itself and the speed of swing. :wink:
None of those things really have much effect on external ballistics. Speed and drop are related to shot size not manufacturer or even bore size for that matter. Choke, patterns, pattern degradation have little to no relationship to speed and drop - at least w/in any killing range. Those are very different things. Generally speaking, guns have no effect on ballistics if normal manufacturing standards are met. And that would be for about the last 130 years or so. And swing speed has no effect of any kind on ballistics, internal or external.

None of those things really have much effect on external ballistics. Speed and drop are related to shot size not manufacturer or even bore size for that matter. Choke, patterns, pattern degradation have little to no relationship to speed and drop - at least w/in any killing range. Those are very different things. Generally speaking, guns have no effect on ballistics if normal manufacturing standards are met. And that would be for about the last 130 years or so. And swing speed has no effect of any kind on ballistics, internal or external.
Worth remembering this one, time and again it leads to fanciful theofacts. :wink:

We have broken clays at just under 140 yards and no need to allow for drop- the spread takes care of that for you!

Ah yes..... the "hose effect"...

Do people still believe that nonsense?
It's common knowledge that you can put "after touch" on the shot column, with a gentle nudge, during the 1/8000th of a second that it is in the barrel....:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's common knowledge that you can put "after touch" on the shot column, with a gentle nudge, during the 1/8000th of a second that it is in the barrel.... :rolleyes:
bit of a struggle with 26" barrels, but the 34" boys do it all the time ;) :huh: :blink:

Try a Brenneke slug, they have got a bit of drop on them. Make your eyes water though if it connects.

Have a look! :wink: http://www.wildfowlm...ics_010711.html & http://www.tomknapp.net/gunroom/shootingTips.php

Last edited by a moderator:
At the end of the day if the clay is where the shot is you will hit it! :.:

Latest posts

Back