'New' Double Trap

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sidney

Had a go at the 'new improved' double trap at South Wales 2000 shooting ground last Sunday. Only had time for one round, but I was impressed. Lot of fun, though quite different to the 'old' format. Tempted to shoot a bit more of it next year. Can recommend having a bash!

That's Great! I'm a bit confused as I thought South Wales wasn't putting on any Double Trap anymore, never mind the New System.

Well Mikes very enthusiastic about the new system, 30 bird DT re entry comp running, top 6 scores to shot a final on 22nd December to win the accumulated £1 from each entry. But you are right he had stopped putting DT on last year.

Evening chaps!

Glad to hear SW2000 is putting DT on again, fingers crossed it will get a few more wales shooters involved!

We had a good GB selection shoot there a few years ago!

Bisley now has the new DT system up and running

What was the final word on the format? I feel some DT coming on in my winter play at other things :D I also see we have a trap call to arms from Oxfordshire so if it means getting a team out I will have a blast at anything ;)

What was the final word on the format? I feel some DT coming on in my winter play at other things :D I also see we have a trap call to arms from Oxfordshire so if it means getting a team out I will have a blast at anything ;)
It is now, definitely 15 Random pairs per round, it's only the Finals that aren't set in stone yet. Enjoy!

Could we keep a record of all the grounds running the new DT system, as it might make it easier to find practise venues ? My contribution would be Kippen who have had a box in place for quite a few months now.

Not sure if Beverley have a new box yet ? Any other grounds up north that anybody knows about ?

It is now, definitely 15 Random pairs per round, it's only the Finals that aren't set in stone yet. Enjoy!
Excellent, Finals are no matter to me wont be troubling them :.:

Could we keep a record of all the grounds running the new DT system, as it might make it easier to find practise venues ? My contribution would be Kippen who have had a box in place for quite a few months now.

Not sure if Beverley have a new box yet ? Any other grounds up north that anybody knows about ?
I am at Beverley on Sat so I will ask the question.

Phil

great i hope they put it on, the great advantage of of the new scheme is you can practise more easily alone

Spoken to Beverley ctc who want to get the new box to enable new format to be shot but do not know who is supplying the boxes. Anybody know ??

Phil

Spoken to Beverley ctc who want to get the new box to enable new format to be shot but do not know who is supplying the boxes. Anybody know ??
Phil
They just need to contact the manufacturer of their trap computers, I think they may Elfipa, same as Nuthampstead, not sure on this, but if they are get them to talk to Martin Barker. We've got a cheap version of an Elfipa box and I managed to get sorted.If they are Progretti they won't have a problem just contact company.

They just need to contact the manufacturer of their trap computers, I think they may Elfipa, same as Nuthampstead, not sure on this, but if they are get them to talk to Martin Barker. We've got a cheap version of an Elfipa box and I managed to get sorted.

If they are Progretti they won't have a problem just contact company.
Thank you for that, I have just phoned it through.

Has the new rule change been fully adopted as there seems to be some doubt.

Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but absolute confirmation should be coming this week from ISSF. The problem is the new finals where we may be shooting from pegs 2,3and4 only! Our computer won't do this and I don't know if the other UK systems can? Didn't get a chance to ask Martin that weekend we were there.

thanks for checking Phil, lets hope its all sorted soon and beverley can get a set up up and running

Super, dedicated forum for Double Trap.

I think the new rules will be a great opportunity to develop interest in this great game.

Many new training protocals to investigate.

I have had Clay Delay develop a new voice release to allow shooters to train alone for the new rules.

Anyone interested in my background can bingle (I used bingle, but other search engines are available, like bing) "Les Greevy shotgun.

Thanks again for the new forum.

DT in the US is underdeveloped.

With Wilson's impressive Olympic win I would think DT's popularity in the UK should rise.

Super, dedicated forum for Double Trap.I think the new rules will be a great opportunity to develop interest in this great game.

Many new training protocals to investigate.

I have had Clay Delay develop a new voice release to allow shooters to train alone for the new rules.

Anyone interested in my background can bingle (I used bingle, but other search engines are available, like bing) (I used bingle (I used bingle, but other search engines are available, like bing), but other search engines are available, like bing) "Les Greevy shotgun.

Thanks again for the new forum.

DT in the US is underdeveloped.

With Wilson's impressive Olympic win I would think DT's popularity in the UK should rise.
I use a Clay Delay system, but they stopped doing the three trap unit so I had to use a two trap unit with a Random function and some clever wiring. Does the system you developed do a proper sequence, ie A,B and C on each peg?

Latest posts

Back