Shoot Clay Support Challenge

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Out of interest and going at a tangent, what shells were you/he using? reason I ask is they had one on the rabbit mania at the shooting show and it wouldnt reset for the second barrel, I thought it was Mrs Fuz flinching and not letting go between shots, but it was because she was using 21g and subsonics, not enough punch for the inertia block, it was straight out of the wrapper that morning so a bit on the stiff side.
I was using Eley First Fibre 28 Gram 7.5's.  I don't know what weight he was using but I'll ask next time.  I seem to remember him using Eley Firsts last time I saw him but that was before Christmas when he dropped one without noticing and I picked it up but didn't notice/remember the weight.

There does seem to be issues with 21g and 24g at times with many shotguns, a tweak from the gunsmith usually does the trick, it is the inertia element of this that is the key issue, but easily fixable.

Not a great day at Oakedge yesterday, only managed a 61, so thats a 'room for improvement for you boy@ on my averages!

My gift for the fur-n-feather has arrived and I'll pop a photo on later as I'm not wrapping this un, cheers all, hope it was a good weekend, all the best, Growl.

Evening growl, mine came last week...not wrapping either.only 2 weeks and we all be having a chat a laugh.. :)

Picture of fur-n-feather gift from me..
post-1038-0-06763400-1362423008.jpg

Attachments

• 20130304_184735.jpg
    20130304_184735.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 0
I had a reasonable day on Saturday.

Compact - 16, 20, 21, 21 niiiiiice  :hunter:

Sporting - 14 ex 25  Boooo!

looks fantastic 28bore, great idea, looking forward to the meet up.

well done on the compak PhilS

Update:

Ed Lyons has kindly donated a pair of Oakley Radars with 2 lenses as a great raffle prize.

Thanks Ed

Just got confirmation that the ShootClay Growler Shield will be with us for early next week.... will YOURS be the first name on this prestigious new prize!

Will post a photo when it arrives!

Hi everyone.

Slight change of tack regarding averages!

As a number of the shooters coming down to the "Growler" (feel I should be trademarking that somehow!) have not shot for a while or shoot varied disciplines there was a niggle appearing regarding how we would sort out the averages, a method was needed to act as a leveller (not the musical group type) so that the most and least improved shot on the day could be found.

for example; some were shooting registered, some not, some were on Sprot Trap (Compak) some not, some DTL etc, etc - I'm sure you get the picture.

After an online discussion with Phil Coley about the (emotive) issue of averages we have decided (cue drum roll) to take everyones average from the Sport Trap (Compak sporting) on the day and work this across all targets (except the flush). I think this is fair as the results from the sport trap will also form part of your overall score, this I feel takes away any issues and we can all relax and have a great friendly days shooting with good food, good company and know we are doing some good for a good cause - Sounds like a lot of goods to me!

We will be splitting into 2 main squads to shoot Sport Trap or DTL for starters, then on to the Sporting competition, back for a bite to eat at lunchtime and finish with the Double Trap, followed by the Team Flush.

Finally the awards and raffle draw.

Hope this sits well with everyone, I'll post an up to date format out soon and an updated list of shooters.

Thanks everyone, best regards, Growl.

Excellent plan - looking forward to it and its not long to go now.

I have a bottle of Malt whisky to bring for my fur'n'feather.

Makes perfect sense - and means a level playing field for everyone!

Well, being singularly unimaginative, I've bought Coley gift vouchers for the Growler fur 'n feather! 

I'm also having a collection at work for a separate donation to the love nut fund...it's unlikely to be much, cuz I don't pay 'em much!  But every little helps, so Tesco tell me.  :crazy:

Latest posts

Back