Shoot Clay Support Challenge

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For fur n feather I've gone the non - shooting / sporting line, it would however appeal to those with a fondness for the sweet(ish) things of our childhood.

Still Chilly

1. Bacon or Sausage for Breakfast (but there is always a good amount), unlimited tea & coffee, Chilli with loads of chunky bread for lunch - that is the important stuff sorted. growl will be given the tickets.

2. Non SGC holders can shoot the DTL, DT & Sportrap as they will be supervised by a member of our team, so the insurance is covered by that (I know that there are so many comments about the law and caddies etc, our Section 11 is in place, but our insurance stipulates the clause of being supervised by a member of our staff because of the insurance, that is written in our insurance, so if we let people go with other SGC holders they are not covered because that person is not employed by us. Just wanted to give clarity why)

3. Have a Go - where we can we do our best to help out and give someone a go who comes to the event, we wont charge for the time, just for the clays & cartridges - this will happen between the change overs on the course.

4. Format - we have put the final format together today and is as follows (for those that live locally we are not telling you which sporting stands are being used!!!!!

The format is teams of 5, working on roughly 40 people that gives us 8 teams of 5.

Teams 1 - 4 will be on the Sportrap and the DTL, one team shoots and two people from the waiting team will score - Ian Coley staff will run the layout and referee it. Once the team has shot the Sportrap they then score for the other, once both teams have shot they move to the DTL. On the DTL the teams will shoot the DTL and it will be a hit or miss with full use of the gun (for those of you unfamiliar with DTL they have a scoring system for a 2nd barrel hit - we have decided keep it simple and you get full use of the gun and it is hot or miss), once you have shot the DTL, you will then shoot 5 pairs of Double Trap - then swop over with the other group scoring you for your DTL.

Teams 5 - 8 these teams will shoot the sporting course which will be over 9 sporting stands that will be on your scorecard. You score yourselves as you go round as a group of 5 (we do advise that you only get one show pair per stand and that each team has a claymate card (we only do this as you will be charged per clay over a certain amount - we don`t see this being an issue with the Shootclay`ers, but some people do abuse it). Once you have completed your 9 stands you keep hold of your card. You will actually shoot 76 sporting targets - even one has been given a gimmee clay!!

Obviously the two groups swop over and one does the sporting and the other groups do the Sportrap and the DTL.

Flush - the flush will be on our High Tower and will be done as a whole group - so that you can make helpful comments of those shooting, such as posture, technique, style (or lack of it). The Ian Coley team will operate this for you, but we will need a couple of scorers counting the missed clays just to help. The flush is shot as the team of 5 where there are 75 clays presented and hopefully 75 shot!!!

The averages will be taken from the Sportrap so at the end of the day based on the averages from the Sportrap we should have a fair system to get some winners - but at the end of the day it is the charity that is the winner and we hope you have a fantastic day shooting.

I think I have pretty much covered it - the Individual score will be out of 135 (although those smart people will add it up to 136, the gimmee clay is on the sporting, where you have 76 targets, it is easier with the pairs that way), then the team score will be out of 750 - 150 x 5 (where you have 5 gimmee`s).

Hope this all makes sense, sorry I can`t be with you on the day.

:goodjob:   :goodjob: :goodjob:  :goodjob:   :goodjob:   :goodjob:   :goodjob:   :goodjob:   :goodjob:

:goodjob:   :goodjob:   :goodjob:   :goodjob:   :goodjob:   :goodjob:   :goodjob:   :goodjob:   :goodjob:

Nice job.  well done to Graham and Phil 

Can't wait.

Hi Phil, I posted an update on the general discussion page earlier that sort of ties in with this, I'll re read it in the morning, thanks fir this, regards Graham

I copied and pasted my reply to the other one, I had missed the other thread - if the charity got a pound for every mention on the threads on the forum for this they would be very happy - will be a great event

Hi there I know its very late in the day just read through all of the pages wondered if it was too late to join in?

Ok sounds good! I am not far away have just read your menu for the day.

I have only really shot ESP :hunter:   so there will be new things for me! :fie:

More than happy to go with your suggestions Phil, you will know far bette than I how your ground ticks and what will work regarding timings, think we will end up with 9 squads, will confirm tomorrow, I'll check the posts to see if everyone shooting has a SGC as if they cannot shoot the sporting, they may want to change their minds, thanks again for all your hard work, very best wishes, Growl.

just thought Id echo the thoughts of others and say well done and thanks for getting this sorted :hi:

Great ideas and all - lets coordinate on names/trophies - we already have a couple of ShootClay trophy events.... The ShootClay Cup and the ShootClay Shield were held at Coleys last year.... and we plan to run them again this year...

Lets keep those in place...  The Cup was a High Gun Prize / The Shield was a prize for a C-Class shoot-off to reward new shooters.

I'm happy to chip in and help sponsor another one - for the most improved shooter or similar, but I'd love to keep the names that we have. Fair deal?

If we run this, and the other two - I'll create a 'Trophy Room' page on the main site to capture our winners.
Hi Matt, when do the cup and sheild events run?

cheers, Growl

We're planning July 27th - Phil and I had a brief chat about that a while back, and I think we need to get back in and confirm that.

Last years was an open shoot - and my intention is to run it the same way this year.

Next year - we might combine the two days...

Yep - I think we had about 100 shooters last year, but it was truly an open - no names required, just rock up - shoot and stick around for the 'bottom half' shoot-off for the shield, which was very good fun.

We'll probably be a bit more focused this year for it.

I've managed to rustle up a few prizes, I've got a musto cap and a leather cartridge bag and I've also got a Hull Cartridge bag, 250 hull superfast and I will chuck in two vouchers for free rounds of 100reg sporting at Grange Farm. Take which ever you want as fur&feather prizes and raffle of the rest.

Looking forward to meeting everyone, see you on Saturday.

PS I'm also going to miss the rugby for this ! 

post-158-0-25078600-1363102661.jpg

Attachments

• shootclay.JPG
    shootclay.JPG
    93.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited by a moderator:
ONLY 4 MORE SLEEPS...... :yahoo:   :yahoo:   :yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've managed to rustle up a few prizes, I've got a musto cap and a leather cartridge bag and I've also got a Hull Cartridge bag, 250 hull superfast and I will chuck in two vouchers for free rounds of 100reg sporting at Grange Farm. Take which ever you want as fur&feather prizes and raffle of the rest.

Looking forward to meeting everyone, see you on Saturday.

PS I'm also going to miss the rugby for this ! 
You are a flipping good bloke Adam...

We should see if Mr Coleys team have a TV that will be running in or around the Club House so we can keep up with the rugby.

Latest posts

Back