Shoot Clay Support Challenge

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Count April and me in for the extra pennys, happy to do so

I agree it is a wonderful thought and I appreciate it, an idea I like even better, is how about we all put in a couple of quid extra and donate it to Cancer Research, that would really make my day, cheers all, Growl

To help a little more for the cause. We have donated a lesson as a prize, I am also going to give 250 Ian Coley Blue`s and one of my new DVD`s - just a thought maybe you might want to raffle the lesson prize -  it is worth approx £120 inc 100 clays and cartridges, a raffle would add to the Cancer Research fund.

To help a little more for the cause. We have donated a lesson as a prize, I am also going to give 250 Ian Coley Blue`s and one of my new DVD`s - just a thought maybe you might want to raffle the lesson prize -  it is worth approx £120 inc 100 clays and cartridges, a raffle would add to the Cancer Research fund.
Sorry reading back it was a Masterclass place with Ben & I worth £300 - so very much worth raffling, if you did £5/head then you would see a nice return for the charity.

So all,, if I am keeping up with the whirlwind...

Phil has kindly offered some more tempting prizes to raise some funds for Cancer Research, this is great news and is very kind Phil.

This would give us the folowing prizes

A Masterclass place with Phil and Ben (value £300)

250 Ian Coley Blue's and

One of Phils new DVD's

On top of this our very own Shoot Clay Admin has mentioned the possibility of some logo'ed goodies and a bottle of Chapagne

Is it best if we run this as a paying raffle with all the monies raised to go to the charity?

that way the day of shooting is £49.50 (call it £50) and we do the raffle tickets for a fiver each, if we limit it to 2 each then everyone is in with a fair crack of the whip without feeling robbed and Cancer Research gets some moola.

open to any suggestion/critisism on this, don't want anyone to feel under pressure as this is a fun day that should benifit all who shoot as well as a charity.

The best and (dare I say) worst shot on the day will be decided on how much better (or worse) you have shot from the honest avarage of your last 3 shoots, this will hopefully act as a leveller - any better ideas more than welcome.

1st place will receive a name on the prestigeous 'Growler' sheild

Last place gets the infamous RBS (Really Bad Shot) award along with a complimentary session with Ed Solomons (thanks again Ed)

Along side this we are running this as a fur-n-feather (It's a fishing term but check the earlier posts if unsure) where everyone who brings along a prize (between £8 - £30) gets to take a prize back

you get to choose a prize (which can if you like be wrapped - to increase the fun) on a sliding scale of how you shot - winner chooses first etc.

Hope this answers a few questions, any more just ask, if you think of any better way of working this or want to suggest any improvements or if you feel any of this is wrong/unfair, now's your chance.

Best regards to all, cheers, Growl. :phew:

Funny old life, innit?  One minute you're hanging up your gun slip, next minute you're organising a bloody shooting extravaganza!

Kudos, Growl.  Good job.  :hi:

Whatever the format I shall be there :money:  , what could be better than cracking off a load of shells and doing a bit for charidy  :thumbsu:   Kudos Growl  :fan:

Unfortunately Wendy & I can't make this, we'll be soaking up some sun  & hopefully sipping cocktails. Would have loved to come along, but maybe next time.

Just a thought about the charity though, most shooters are male, and many, like myself are only just approaching their prime,  sort of mid fifties or so. There's a particular type of cancer that should be in all of our minds if you're a bloke in his fifties, and that of course is Prostate cancer (http://prostatecanceruk.org/). Thought it might be an appropriate charity for a group of shootists to contribute to.

We'll contribute our bit too, and we'll catch up on the shooting another time. Just a thought, either way have a great time

I agree - Prostate cancer is an excellent shout for the charity...  http://prostatecanceruk.org/

I personally know one shooter getting treatment, and another good friend undergoing tests.

Fully support that.

Latest posts

Back