Things that make you go arrgghhhh......

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I give in - I looked it up.

A bat bridge is a structure of varying construction crossing a new or altered road to aid the navigation of bats following the destruction of a hedgerow, and to cause the bats to cross the roadway at a sufficient height to avoid traffic. Bats are thought to follow the lines of hedgerows and woods, and removing these may confuse the bats.

The theory is that these "bridges" will be seen by the bats' sonar as linear features sufficiently similar to the old hedgerows as to provide an adequate substitute.[1] The Highways Agency is performing a study of those on the Dobwalls bypass to determine if this assumption is justified

I've known a lot of insects hit the windscreen but never a bat. Has anyone ever seen a lost or RTA bat.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, got lots at the back of our house though so if any do get splatted by a windscreen the Highways agency are welcome to some of ours.

Bat Bridge.  Tell me this is not a wind up!  "I cannot beleeeve it".

Grumble grumble, chunter, chunter :vampire:

No dafter than tunnels for hedgehogs and god only knows what else.

No, got lots at the back of our house though so if any do get splatted by a windscreen the Highways agency are welcome to some of ours.
Sssssssssssssssh......no you have not.....you have not got bats anywhere near your house......

(Ninja mode......blue rat poison is a handy thing to have in the garage :wink: ) 

This little fella couldn't find the bridge,but certainly found the office window (at speed)
ma2y3eju.jpg
he4amune.jpg

chicken curry no worry

Coppers trying to frame citizens......even if they are hippies or the like........just not cricket...!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=fc7_1391532479
I watched that this morning (and nearly started a thread on it) - very very strange behaviour by the copper(s) in question. I was trying to read the coppers jacket, to see if he was a PCSO or more senior, he seemed to think he was more senior, 

People - it is very worth a watch. 

Yes I was willing him not to take a breath test in case they had dipped alcohol in it....!

Extreme cases of gang attitude out of control..!

Sounded like possibly a Bolton accent wonder what and were the protest was.

That is when you need the very very fffffery good lawyers.....just saying :wink:

As Bily Connelly once said " If you want to be a politician that should disqualify you from being one " same applys to any would be Police Officer. Having been on the end of this treatment myself nothing surprises me anymore. :fie:

Worth saying that MOST officers are very very good but some can be arsey. I got stopped a few years ago for slight issue with private plate font. Mrs plod asked me to get in the back of there discovery I opened the door and said " I cant the back seat is full of junk" (which it was) Mr plod in drivers seat was not amused at all "its not junk that is official police equipment" he said. "I don't care what it is I still cant get in" I replied. It was down hill from then on as they appeared to have no sense of humour, I tried some further attempts but I can categorically state that humour was not either of there attributes.

Back from a week's holiday and looked through post hoping for my SGC and found:

No - bill

no - bill

no - statement

no - junk

no - junk

no - even more junk

b$gger

Oh well, some day soon.

aaargh

ABT is THE most frustrating thing in the whole world.

New ones, old scheme was good.

Over to you les :)

Latest posts

Back