Dubai Tournament

Help Support :

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's meant to attract and be set for the best shots in the world, anyone is free to enter which is great, but you have to accept it for what it is- a big test. I hope they don't ease the targets off or it will just be another FITASC major won on a huge score and everyone walking away with 20+ scores feeling like jonny bigdick for no real reason.

That's my thought anyhow!

tend to agree totally with Ed .....so wish I had gone now  :fie: did seem to good to be true ! but talking to alot of the boys who have shot Fitasc abroad, they implied that a large % of the targets have been Orange !!! this was a big factor in my decision not to bother ( my old eyes seem to play awful tricks on me with orange)

viewing the pics and comments coming in must say it seems to be setting standards that may never be reached again for the cost ?

several of us will be certainly attending next year ......you can shoot soft targets when and if you want all over ...so why not just take it for what it is ?

I'm sure Ed may get busy on big birds when he gets back (if you know what I mean) hahaha  

Oh Ed you rascal,  Its alright for you cos you can shoot a bit!  what about the wannabe fitasc shooters from this site?  If the targets are to a 170 ex 200 standard there

will be wannabees  shooting 85 ex 200 and mass suicides from the 34 th floor of the hotels. :crazy:  

As in any forum entirely dependent on the written word, some members are guilty of putting words in the mouths of others!

I haven't read anyone advocating "soft" targets. What has been suggested is a more balanced mix of targets. One only has to look at the FITASC rules to see how targets should be set.

By definition, a mid-pack shooter is average. Re: para 2.5.1 the target mix should end up with an average shooter hitting 60-80% of half the targets, <60% of a quarter and >80% of the remaining quarter.

Cyril, I usually average between 18 and 20 per layout on fitasc when my heads in the right place... yet i was pretty pleased with my scores of 13 and 14 yesterday.... i shot with some good shots including a NSCA team member and was only 2 behing him over the 50. they were super tough so you expect your scores to change accordingly. If I had shot a 23 and a 22 I would have walked away thinking it was too easy and I had learnt nothing, I genuinely felt as if those targets had taught me something.....

Anyone got scores from training? May give us an idea on form as some shooters won't travel well......

www.proshock.co.uk

Heard from one shooter that the word in Dubai is that the training scores haven't been published. Reckon they must be somewhere! 

And we've already heard the Ed did pretty well!! :)

Re the FITASC "equation" for setting targets; I don't think FITASC will be involved next year..!

These are the shells that all competitors are using from the shootclay liveblog: http://shootclay.co.uk/2014/02/24/nad-al-sheba-liveblog/ 

altAmBlxMU_9Y66JIqQOoVPGPsh6RSVUr_nehcLZ8b43qC3.jpg

altAkg7Us6Ql_O9aTM4ygleK6h0yJ-ZZZAXfeWhqAYAyNa1.jpg

:fie:  According to the American website there is a 15mph wind and very hard targets! some of the great shooters comming of the layouts with 15's? :hunter:  

Well  a lot of the "shooters" on here wanted  REAL fitasc targets, seems like they will get them? :fie:   :fie:   :fie:  

........And as for the wannabee's probaly having a fantastic shooting holiday,a great time,and water parks for the days off. :good:

For those who want to celebrate/commiserate/just be glad to get out of the sun on Wednesday night, I'm thinking some beers might be in order. The more the merrier (both in participants and pints)!

Option 1: The Seaview, Bur Dubai. The club in this down-market hotel is an institution. The lady clientele are extremely friendly, and may ask even the ugliest chap if he'd "like a date". The live band play 70s and 80s rock covers alarmingly well. I would add that I have taken my wife there along with a female friend, and we were shown to a table at the front where a bouncer stayed all night to make sure no one messed with my b*tches.

Option 2: Hibiki, Hyatt Regency, Deira. Karaoke, baby! The host, a charming Philipino chap, has quite a pair of lungs on him and will do the high notes for you if you ask nicely. Great atmosphere with the only downside (apart from bottled beer only) being that at some point, you may have to follow me... And if you really do want some lass who's way out of your league offering you "a date", there's a club downstairs for that sort of thing.

Any takers?

The Dubai Championship is now live on Dubai Sport TV.....for all the techies that have the fancy Internet connections...!

........And as for the wannabee's probaly having a fantastic shooting holiday,a great time,and water parks for the days off. :good:
Ype, and it sounds like they're all very happy and enjoying themselves.  The 'time of my life' was a quote I heard last night.  Happy days!

Latest posts

Back